〔3〕

Frankie attempted to keep the same pace as Kana as she speed-walked down the school hall.

"What do you want Frankie? Why are you following me?" Kana spoke with much harshness, hurting Frankie's heart a bit. Being in a fight with the person you love is hard. Very hard.

"What do I want? To be with you, it's all I want. You." she cried, a tear almost forming in her eye.

In that moment, Kana stopped in her tracks, causing Frankie to stop in front of her.

"..What?"

"I want to be your girlfriend. I want to hold your hand. I want you to hold me in your arms. I want.. you! Kana, I love you!"

Kana's expression went from shocked to upset.

"Why? Why would you love me? I've been so harsh to you," Kana gently grabbed her hands as she spoke. "I've been hurting you, and I regret it, I do. I'm sorry for doing that. But I can't be with you. I can't. I love you, but it won't work out."

Frankie became shocked. "Wow.." she muttered. "If you loved me, you wouldn't care what other people think."

"What do you mean?" As Kana said this, Frankie let her hands fall to her side.

"I know what you're thinking. 'People will be harsh to us if they know.' 'People will hate us.' If you really loved me, you wouldn't care what they think! You would push their hatred aside! You don't love me," Her eyes started watering. "You just don't want your reputation to turn to rot. I should've known."

"That's not what I-"

Before Kana could finish her sentence, Frankie walked away.