Amy | Roses

✎ ⌜ amy rose is the only one with the best presents <3 ⌟

― no warnings 

― i'm bi for amy, and amy only. she owns my ❣

― species: mobian

- 💕 -

It was another ordinary day for everyday high schoolers. heading to school at 8 in the morning and arriving at 9! only to realize that today was a late start and your dumb butt forgot that. so here you are sitting in front of the school, 1 hour before school actually starts. 

as people walked by, you would wave at them awkwardly and say hi, ya know like the polite, young lady your parent's raised you to be. they waved back, but some would be assholes and flip you off. ugh, you always hated people like that, reminds you of scrouge. 

"y/n?"

your name was called beside you, making you turn your head and lock eyes with your middle school crush, amy rose. she was seen running over to you with a huge smile on her face, her arm in the air.

your eyes lit up and you stood up, accepting the hug from the pink hedgehog. "did you forget it was a late start once again?" she teased, pulling back from the hug. you did the same as you chuckled nervously. "maybe...but this time it was my mom's fault. she woke me up saying i was late."

amy smiled, making you blush but shake it off. "s-so...what are you doing here?" amy looked at you and sighed. "i as well forgot it was a late start. sonic texted me saying it was not, but..." you laughed, already knowing what she was about to say.

"wanna head to the 7 11? we still got 52 mins left before class begins so we got some time..." you suggested and amy's eyes lit up when you spoke. "do i?!" she took your head and began to drag you towards the sidewalk and walk side by side. 

you might amy at pre-school. she was the shy kid in pre and middle school, but over the break you two had, she turned into a completely different person. she was more open and active than she was a couple of years ago. shadow would always scare her when she and he were younger, but now he and she are good friends...kinda. 

you both made it to 7 11 and you took your wallet out of your pocket as you both stepped in. the eyes of your other friends caught your eye. blaze and silver were paying at the cash resistor, rouge and shadow by the soft drinks area, and 'team sonic' was by the snacks. "hey ames. wanna get some slurpees?" you asked, raising the money in your hand and smiling. "i'd love one! remember my favorite flavor?"

"of course! strawberry!"

as you left amy's side to get your slurpees, amy wandered over to the section of the store where a couple of roses were placed for customers like herself to buy. a batch of pink roses caught her eyes. she smiled as she began to reach for them, seeing how pink roses were y/n's favorite flowers as kids.

as she touched it, another pair of gloved hands touched it. she looked to her left to find shadow grasping onto the flowers. amy chuckled. "oh..hey shads!" shadow looked at her with an emotionless face and tried to grab the flowers towards him, but amy held a hard grip on the roots. 

"uh...shadow...may you please let go of the flowers?"

"how about you?"

amy let out a forced laugh, her teeth clenched together as she pulled on the flowers, shadow jerking towards her but stopped when his ear was near her lips. 

"don't make me pummel you in the middle of a 7 11, twenty minutes before schools about to start...i wouldn't want to be the one to drag you by the tail to the nearest hospital..."

shadow just chuckled at the hedgehog's words and pulled back.

"if i were you, i wouldn't want to be throwing insults at me, i mean--i wouldn't want you to get hurt..."

"what kind of gentleman are you?"

as amy spoke, a certain blue blur slid into action and held onto shadow's shoulders before he was to throw a tantrum. 

"whoa! what's going on here?" he asked.

"nothing i can't handle, sonic!" amy growled, ripping the flowers out of shadow's hands and taking out her hammer.

"whoa whoa whoa, amy! easy!" tails, now running over to the scene, grabbed amy's hammer and held it down as he growled to the two-tailed fox beside her. the others around the scene came to help that massive fight between amy and shadow, that the flowers were long forgotten when amy tackled shadow and knocked into the aisle of chips and snacks.

you heard a massive crash and the sound of your friends screaming that you abandoned your slurpees and ran towards the crash. your eyes widened when you saw amy get pulled back by sonic and silver as shadow was held back by knuckles and rouge.

"what the hell happened?" you heard the store manager yell when he saw the scene unfold in front of you both.

after a bit of explaining, you escorted amy out of the store while the others dealt with shadow. you and amy walked the other way to school as shadow walked the other way from you two. "okay, ames. the heck was that? you went crazy on shadow!" you asked, grasping amy's arm.

she sighed before taking out a bouquet of broken pink roses. you slowly took the flowers and sighed.

"these are my favorite..."

amy nodded as she looked down to the ground.

"i-i wanted to make it a surpirse gift- but...i guess that didn't work..."

you let out a laugh and hugged amy.

"thank you...you punched shadow in the face to get me these?"

"i-uh...yeah...i did!"

"hmm...he deserved it..."