{Chapter 4: The Researchers}

"Hello?"
Wilbur looked up, realising they picked up,"I'm so sorry, are you in a class-?", he chuckled,"No, no, no. Calm yourself Will, I'm just in a library. Alistair, Dream and Sam are with me, Sam, Alistair and I are studying and Dream, well, stuff is happening at home.", Wilbur nods,"Right, sorry Noah. But uh, I wanted to talk to you about a new potential case.", Noah nods,"Go on.", Wilbur took a deep breath, leaning forward and shared his screen,"Tommy, my brother, bought this on the day Sneeg got married.", Noah leaned back in shock,"Holy shit-", Wilbur nods,"Yeah.", then Sam, Dream and Alistair came into view of the camera and immediately Dream went pale,"What the hell is that?!", "Dream-", Sam took Dream out of view, leaving Alistair and Noah in the frame.
"Sorry about that.", "No, sorry I forgot he's not into horror and can't handle it.", Alistair was just disturbed,"Who buys a doll looking like that. . .", "Well, according to Tommy some random elder came up to him, saying happy birthday and gave him the doll for a lock of his hair.", Noah and Alistair stare blankly,"He did that?", "Yep.", Alistair faceplammed,"This teen.", "I know. Anyway, I did the regular procedure and I can confirm that there is a spirit within the doll.", Noah nods, Wilbur shared the screen of his findings.
"Hm. . . Mhm. . . Ah, you wrote 'M' or 'F' near these responses.", Wilbur nods,"Yes, I believe that there are two spirits possessing the doll.", Noah nods,"I see, I see.", "There hasn't been anything odd happening, bad things I mean.", Wilbur took off his beanie,"Well, the landlord stopped calling Tommy, even thought he was an asshole, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.", Noah nods, Alistair sits beside Noah and fixes the camera.
"Well, the fact that he was handed the doll is much like how Annabelle came into one of the biggest cases but the case doesn't say that someone gave up a lock of hair, normally spirits needed to be invited inside.", Noah nods,"Yes, there is another case with a doll like Annabelle but that only has three cases, a girl named Chilla was killed along with her family in a mugging, from then on her soul possesses the doll and will pray on those that wronged her; she murdered the man that killed her and her family, she then killed another family child, then an Exorcist's child and then she swapped her place with another girl that was killed by a nanny, who almost died and the final case of this was of a man dying and his brother being arrested."
Wilbur nods,"I see. . . I remember reading those cases. . . Brutal. . .", Noah nods,"Yes. . . I'd suggest you take the doll away from Tommy, because if one gets attached to a potential possessed object it will feed off their energy; mostly pain and suffering.", Wilbur nods,"I'll try, but Tommy won't let me near it, he believes the spirit is good but. . . Something about it makes me think it isn't.", Noah nods,"I'd stay on guard, visit daily and try to talk to Tommy to make him understand the potential danger but also find out what happened to the landlord.", Wilbur nods,"Thanks and I'll keep in touch.", with that they sighed off, Wilbur sunk in his chair, he was really going to convince Tommy that the doll was not safe.
. . .
"Fuck."
Wilbur sighed and just attempted to call the landlord him.
. . .
No answer.
He groaned and stood up,"I'll check it out myself.", so Wilbur got up and left his office.