"We'll figure that out later." Quill sighed.

"We have to stop them." Gamora said.

"How?!" Rocket shouted.

"I have a plan." Quill told him.

Ash raised an eyebrow, "You have a plan?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"Okay, first of all, you're copying me from when I said I had a plan." The rodent said.

Ash rolled his eyes tiredly, listening to Rocket and Quill's back and forth.

"What percentage of a plan do you have?" Drax piped up.

"You don't get to ask questions after what you pulled on Knowhere." Gamora snapped.

"I just saved Quill!" He exclaimed.

Ash could feel himself losing brain cells as he listened to this conversation. Gamora groaned in exasperation.

"What percentage?" Rocket questioned.

"I don't know. Twelve percent." Quill replied annoyedly.

Rocket burst into a fit of fake laughter. Rambling about how his laugh is real because Quill sucks. To be honest, Ash wasn't caring to listen at that point anymore. He didn't even listen to Quill's whole speech, Gamora stood up.

"I would be honoured to die among my friends." She said.

Ash sighed, "I can't die, so... May as well make sure you guys don't." He said, standing up.

Then Drax stood up, followed by Groot. Leaving them to look at Rocket expectantly. He sighed and eventually stood up on the crate he was sitting on.

"Alright, ya'll happy? I'm standing up now. Bunch of jackasses standing in a circle."

The group got suited up and got a plan underway. After Rocket blasted a hole in the side of the Dark Aster, they tried to get there but there were too many of them, but the Nova Corps arrived to cover them. They got into the ship and started to walk through, Groot used his tree magic to provide light as they walked through the ship until Nebula dropped down and started shouting at Gamora. Drax blasted her away. Gamora told them to get to the flight deck while she stayed.

While they were running through the ship to their destination, they were attacked. Ash immediately jumped into action, giving control to Nicotine, who proceeded to brutally beat the soldiers he ran into to death before eating their brains. The fight didn't last long and when more soldiers arrived, Groot killed them. They reached the flight deck just in time, Gamora opening the door and dropping down next to them as Quill fired the Hadron Enforcer. It hit Ronan but he was unscathed. He used the power stone to blast them away, Drax attacked him and he choked him.

Then Rocket blasted through the window. They managed to get out of the way and they were protected by Groot as the Dark Aster fell to the surface. Because of him, they survived, though they were scattered in painful heaps. Ash's wounds were in the process of healing as Ronan emerged from the wreck.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket shouted, charging at him.

He blasted him away and held his hands out.

"Behold! Your guardians of the galaxy! What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father will finally know vengeance." Ronan shouted.

Ash looked over at Rocket as he yelled, then Quill got onto his feet and started singing and dancing.

"W-What are you doing?" Ronan said in confusion.