"Hi, I'm here, too," Fee says, but Connor ignores them.

Before Benji can say anything, they all shuffle around so Fee can sit between Connor and Pilar and Benji has no choice but to sit beside Connor. With a grin that could have been carved in stone, Benji sinks down to the bleachers, the plastic suddenly painful against his backside.

"Hey... I had no idea y'all were friends," Benji says with a forced laugh.

"Well, we just met like a few minutes ago. But I didn't know you and Connor were friends either, so," Pilar says with a shrug and a pointed look in Benji's direction.

"We... frequent some of the same circles," Benji ekes out.

"Yeah, Grindr," Connor says as he picks at his cuticles.

"Oh, you're still on there?"

"You two really should be more concerned about how the app is literally keeping track of and harvesting your personal information and probably selling it to the government," Fee says as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Well, good thing I'm not on there anymore," Benji says with a shrug.

"Now who's acting like he's better, princess?" Connor says.

"Okay, I'm gonna let you guys talk about gay stuff on your own..." Pilar says as she rises and switches seats with Fee.

"I'm not saying I'm better because I have a boyfriend, I'm just—"

"That did sound a little shamey, I'm gonna have to agree with Connor on this one, B," Fee says.

"Maybe you're not as much of a nerd as I thought, Fee," Connor says with a sly smirk.

"Although I will say the name-calling is a little unnecessary."

"Okay, nevermind."

"Does loyalty mean anything to you, Fee?" Benji snaps before he takes a deep breath, holding it for a moment before he exhales. "Okay, but that's fair. I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that—"

"Benji, mi amor, Fee! I wasn't expecting to see you here!" Isabel's voice cuts their conversation short as she almost yells over the noise. "Sorry, I just had to run out because Adrian called and asked me to explain how the oven works... Ahh, how are things?" she squeals, pulling them both into a hug.

"Hey, Mrs. S!" Fee says with a wide wave as they pull away before they sip from a bottle of orange juice with a curly pink straw.

"Hi, Isabel. Likewise," Benji says sweetly. "Things are fine, I guess. But Victor and I haven't seen each other in a bit because we were uh... giving each other a little space," he says, scratching the back of his head as he squirms a bit in his seat.

"Ohh... Is everything all right with you two?" she asks, concerned. "Although I can see how sometimes you might need a break from all his... attentiveness."

"It's not that, things are fine. I actually like that he cares a lot," Benji says with a fond chuckle as he shakes his head. "We just need to focus more on our studies and ourselves, that's all."

"Right, I hear you. I'm glad you're both being responsible young men! Victor definitely knows how to pick 'em," she says proudly as she ruffles Benji's hair gently.

Benji bites his lip, flustered, and tucks his hair behind his ear before he smiles. "Thanks."

"And who's this?" Isabel asks as she eyes Connor.

"Hi, Mrs. Salazar, it's enchanting to meet you. You don't look a day over twenty-five. I'm Connor, by the way," he says, punctuating each word with a dramatic gesture and phony giggle.