Moment of Truth

When Benji strides into the crowded gym, where the cheers of those gathered in the bleachers drown out the sound of his own thoughts, he immediately regrets it. Even as each movement makes him acutely aware that something is inside him, it's not enough to provide a suitable distraction.

He gazes out in front of them to where Victor and his teammates race across the court, and Benji wants nothing more than for Victor to satiate that dull hunger within him, the kind he hadn't managed to get rid of all week no matter how hard he tried.

Beside him, Fee prattles on about their theories on the type of granite used to construct ancient Egyptian obelisks during the New Kingdom, which Benji had been paying attention to up until the two of them had entered the deafening arena. Immediately the ground vibrates around them as Benji grabs Fee by the arm and pulls them into the bleachers.

"—and that's just one of the many hypotheses... or theories? About how they managed to move all those rocks," Fee says, their breath warm against Benji's ear.

"Okay, you're gonna have to... take a step back," Benji says, grimacing and pushing Fee away from him gently. "I know it's hard to hear but you're way too close."

"Sorry," Fee says over the din as they sit down on the bleachers and roll out their sign that says "Watch out for Danger-ew Spencer" with the number 5 on it next to a drawing of a neon orange basketball.

Fee holds up the sign and whoops as they wave down to the court. Benji chuckles and rolls his eyes as he unfurls his own sign, with a simple "Don't let your crown slip, King Sala-star" with a detailed color drawing of Victor shooting a three-point shot while wearing his white home jersey and a glittery crown.

Benji catches Victor's eye on the court and blows him a kiss with a small smile as Victor's eyes sparkle and he runs into the back of one of his teammates. Covering his face in his hand, Benji averts his gaze as a laugh wracks his body and he tries his best to suppress it as he turns his mind to other things than the throbbing between his legs.

"Whoa, Benji, that looks so cool," Fee says as they examine Benji's handiwork, eyebrows shooting into their hairline. "You really went all out, huh."

"Oh, this? It's nothing," Benji says, waving his hand quickly. "But thanks."

Waving his sign around and cheering, Benji does his best to focus on the game, remembering the rules as Victor had explained to him so many times before, but somehow his mind completely blanks, empty of the information and replaced by static instead.

"Hey, B," Fee says, nudging Benji in the side with their elbow and pointing very obviously behind them as they squint. "Isn't that Pilar? We should go over there, it looks like there's a lot of space."

Blinking, Benji peeks over his shoulder as discreetly as he can manage. Fee has already stepped into the aisle and makes their way up the creaky old wooden stairs. Benji cringes at the sensation of the sandpaper scratching against the bottoms of his boots before he pauses in his tracks.

"What's up, Pilar? Mind if we join you?" Fee says.

"Hey, losers," Pilar says. "Here to support your boyfriends, I'm guessing?" she says with a short wave. "Oh, and my mom's here, too, but she's gonna be back in a second."

She raises an eyebrow and rolls her eyes with a smirk as she scoots over, shoving aside one of the boys sitting next to her, the familiar brunet with the face that activates Benji's fight response instantly.

"Oh, Benji, my word, it's been too long," Connor says with a cat-like grin as he waggles the tips of his fingers. "Here, Pilar, babes, switch spots with me so B and I can catch up."