Then, he ghosted Chan.

It hurt so bad. It ruined Chan for months. He genuinely liked him. His laugh, his eyes, his loving touches, everything. Chan fell for him, hard, and it was too late. It made him wonder what he did wrong, and it took a lot of people (Seungcheol and Mingyu) to convince him that it wasn't his fault.

Seungcheol explained to Chan that this is normal for Jeonghan. He sleeps with people, and doesn't get involved in relationships. He felt guilty for letting Chan getting tangled up in Jeonghan's business, but of course, he couldn't blame Seungcheol, not when it's easier to blame yourself.

Yoon Jeonghan

[2:49 p.m.] Hi, Chan. I know it's been a long time, and it's probably too late for me to say this, but the guilt is eating me inside and out.

[2:50 p.m.] Seungcheol told me how much I hurt you. And I can't fucking believe I was your... first. I'm so fucking sorry, Chan. You don't have to forgive me, and I doubt you would anyway, I just had to say this.

[2:50 p.m.] I'm sorry for everything.

The only thing Chan could see was red. Wait, no, that's a lie. His vision was blurry from his tears, and he typed out an angry, yet simple response.

me

[2:52 p.m.] go to hell, yoon jeonghan.

Just like that, Chan blocked him.

Chan was there before Seungcheol, which was surprising. He took a seat in the bleachers anyway, putting his stuff on his left to save a seat for the older man. There wasn't anyone else around in the bleachers, there were a couple of girls, but they didn't look very invested in the game.

Practice started a few minutes ago, and it was five against five. Mingyu and Junhui were on one team, along with three others he didn't know the names of, while Seungkwan was with Minghao and Hansol. Coach blew his whistle, throwing the ball up in the air. Mingyu was able to hit it before Seungkwan, passing it to his teammates. All of them separated around the court, and Junhui passed it to Seungkwan by accident, who winked at the older.

Chan could see Junhui's flustered expression, and rolled his eyes.

Seungkwan's team scored a point and Chan clapped. But it was meant for Minghao and Hansol, obviously.

"Chan?"

At the sound of his name, Chan tilted his head up, wondering who it was. He instantly recoiled, jaw dropping open.

"What are you doing here?" Chan demanded.

Jeonghan pulled his hood down. He looked awful. Dark circles under his eyes, a flushed face, it was as if he hasn't been outside in months. Chan doesn't care, though. He could barely look at him. "Chan, please."

"Leave me alone."

"Please," Jeonghan sounded like he was close to losing it.

Chan glared at him, eyes narrowed. "Fine. What is it?"

He looked speechless, as if he wasn't expecting Chan to let him talk. He parted his lips, wanting to say something, but nothing came. Chan scoffed, turning his head back. "That's what I thought. You should probably leave before-"

"I miss you."

Blood boiled inside Chan, and he hasn't felt like this in a long time. He stood up, snatching Jeonghan's collar and drawing him in. He was insanely angry. "Fuck off, Jeonghan. I'm serious," he snapped.

"Hey, hey!" coach suddenly whistled, stomping over to Jeonghan and Chan. Since he was in the front row, it was more visible to them what was happening. "You two, break it up, right now!"

Chan let go, giving Jeonghan a hard shove. He stumbled back and sadly gained his balance. Chan stood with his arms crossed, facing the other way while his expression twisted into something bitter. Jeonghan just looked embarrassed. "Lee Chan, is that you? What do you think you're doing to him?"

"Jeonghan...?" Mingyu was first shocked, then it slowly formed into anger. He clenched his fists. "Why the hell are you here?"

Coach looked confused. "Does he not go here?"

"No," Mingyu glanced at Chan, his frustration vanishing. "Please, just leave. You've already hurt him enough."

Unconsciously, Chan's gaze drifted from the floor to Seungkwan. He was surprised to see the basketball player looking right at him, curiously, with a hint of something else.

"Who is this, Mingyu?" Seungkwan stepped up, putting his hands on his hips. "Look, we're in the middle of practice, and you're making a scene. You should probably leave."

Chan felt humiliated. He sat down, lookin down at his lap.

"I'm sorry, Chan-" from the corner of his eyes, he saw Jeonghan reach for him, and Chan flinched. But he wasn't able to touch him, because someone grabbed Jeonghan's wrist. He thought it was maybe Mingyu.

"You seriously need to leave," Seungkwan warned, pushing Jeonghan's hand away.

With one last regretful look, Jeonghan left. The tension was high in the air and coach sighed, "Uh, just take five, everyone. Be ready by then."

Mingyu sat next to Chan, running a soothing hand up and down his back, comforting the younger. But he was too busy staring at Seungkwan, his heart beating a little quickly for his liking.

sorry if the ending seemed rushed, but there's a little backstory for you guys! also, i can't believe i made Jeonghan the asshole :< kinda ironic, huh?