"Also, so many people have come up to me the last  few days to ask me about supposedly my daughters rich 'boyfriend ' whom even I don't know about. So you better tell me" mom gave me her stern look.

Could people just mind their own business and not meddle with others. I Can't tell her about Arestair ! She'd freak out. I Don't want her to get scared or stressed out. She's already suffered enough.

" Um.. He's..... " I was thinking hard what to say..

" yeah.. He's?" she sounds so eager.

She never sounds this eager when I tell about my hobbies or wishes.

" He's actually just a friend. We're not dating" the smile instantly dropped from her face.

" Stop lying"

" I'm not lying" it was true. We're not dating.

" Then why does he give you rides"

" Because he's a friend. " i said as a matter of fact.

"And also bcz our houses are in the same direction. He crosses my house every day. So he offered to give me rides" nice one.

" Really? " she looked like she didn’t believe me.

" Really. In return I help him with math and Biology " this convinced her.

" Then why were you denying it?"

" Because, he's kind of rich. And I didn’t want to look like I was showing off about my friend."

" I wouldn’t think like that!"

" No not you. But others will"

" So you study together? "

" Yup. You got the point"

" Okay. So there’s still hope. My daughter might still get a good man " she encouraged herself.

" There's no hope " I said looking trying to look uninterested.

" yes there is. Who knows, maybe you both will start to like each other. Plus, he's rich" she looked excited.

" Mom. I don't like him. And I don't want any relationships, not now at least " this bummed her down again.

" Okay fine. Do whatever you like. But at least tell me his name." shit, I didn’t think about that.

" Um...his name's... Allen"

" Allen?"

" Yeah. Allen Walter " Ares, Allen, kinda matches. Good thinking, I patted myself mentally. Thanks to Alen Walker.

" Okay then. Don't hide anything from me okay? You hear me? " she said narrowing her eyes at me.

" Of course not. Why would I hide from you. " I gave her the sweetest smile I could muster.. She finally left.

I felt bad about lying, but at least she wouldn’t bother about this for a while. I sighed it relief. I started playing with the locket again. I've started love this locket a lot. It's too cute.

******************

I was soo wrong when I thought she'd stop bothering about the topic. Mom Intentionally didn’t go to work today and rushed to open the door when she heard the horning sound. She probably wanted to see this "Allan Walter's" face.

Fortunately he didn’t come out of his car as usual. I shoved past her and told her to go inside. But she kept on  trying to look.

I just ran and got inside the car and shut the door as soon as I could.