2| Nothing Is Right

Start from the beginning

"She lives together with Sean… helps him with the kids.", he said. 

"Oh yeah… I… I heard about what happened. That must have been really hard. I cannot imagine. But it seems like he is fine by now. I mean… not fine but… you know what I mean.", Jen said. 

"Yeah…", Lana nodded, searching for a way to escape that conversation, when she saw Amélie in the corner of her eye, playing with something that probably wasn't a toy. "Sorry… excuse me… but I think I have to save Ginny's vase from the little one.", she said, rushing to her little girl to give her something that actually was for playing. 

It was around two hours and a lot of talking later when Sean found his way back to his girlfriend. "Hey, everything alright?", he asked. 

"Yeah. All good.", Lana said honestly and she felt that way too. She forgot about everything that had troubled her in the past days, enjoying the party like everyone else. "It's so sweet how occupied the kids are.", Lana chuckled when she looked at all the boys playing with some kind of swords, pretending to be knights. 

"Yeah, that's right. Even Amélie and Bailey didn't bother to alarm us in any way. So cute how they play with Milo and Colin's daughter.", he said with a grin. "They are completely into their world. Even though I think Milo gets quite frustrated between the girls sometimes.", he chuckled. 

Unfortunately, their little Chat was suddenly interrupted by Josh, who was screaming throughout the whole house, making everybody hold on with their conversation since they were looking confused at him. 

" I was WAITING for this moment the whole afternoon.", he yelled dramatically. 

"Oh my gosh, no.", Ginny said, trying to hide behind her hand in embarrassment. 
"Josh. Everyone is listening. You don't have to scream.", she said with a roll of her eye. "Can I return you to your mother as an 'unfinished product' or whatever?", She asked since she knew what was coming next. 

"Doesn't matter now.", he shortly said, pointing at Lana and Sean. "Because these two are standing right underneath the mistletoe.", he grinned mischievously, making the couple look up and indeed. Above their heads hang a beautiful decorative mistletoe. They hadn't recognized it before and clearly didn't know that Josh was even looking out for someone that would accidentally stand underneath it but now they would have to accept their faith. No way Josh would let them get away without a kiss. 

"You know what that means!", he yelled out and was even proud of himself that it was Lana and Sean standing there. Since he got the picture of Lana cuddled up in Sean's arms after the thanksgiving party, he was certain that these two were behaving as ridiculous as he and Ginny did when they tried to convince everyone that they were not a couple. 

Nobody except Bex knew that they had been a couple for over a month now, so Josh thought he would give them a push in the right direction. Yeah… little did he know. 

Lana just grinned at him for a second, knowing that they would have to tell them anyway in a couple of days, so why not take the opportunity. Without giving a warning to Sean, she turned him in her direction, pressing her lips to his within an instant. To prove her point that she was not acting at all, she let her tongue slip into Sean's mouth which was pretty much visible to all the guests. 

Jennifer's mouth opened in shock since she hadn't had any clue about it because she hadn't seen them for a long long time, whilst Colin just chuckled audibly loud, adding: "I knew it!!!", giving a high five to his wife.

Ginnifer watched them dreamingly since she got flashbacks from Josh's and her reveal of their relationship and she was more than happy for their friends to have the same experience. She didn't even wonder at all after she was one of the people, who saw their almost-kiss on Lana's birthday. The looks they gave each other assured her back then, that it was only a matter of time until their feelings would take over.