Extra 4: Forgotten Lullaby

Start from the beginning

"W-What? It has a title and lyrics already? Tell me, tell me," Isabella shouted excitedly as she jumped on Leslie. "That tune is really beautiful, I'm excited to hear the lyrics as well!"

"W-wait, calm down, Isabella," Leslie told to the girl with a flustered face. "I said I'll tell you when we meet again. You have to come out of this Orphanage first and I will tell you."

Isabella pouted her lips as she distanced herself from the boy.

"Not fair, it will take too long," Isabella mumbled. "Then maybe I have to be patient, right?"

"Yes.." Leslie replied. The boy smiled at Isabella as he placed his hand on her head. "That's why you have to do your best to survive, you have to get out of this place."

"Survive?" Isabella asked with confusion.

Leslie stared at Isabella's deep purple eyes. 

The calm smile on his face became a weak smile.

"Isabella..." Leslie mumbled.

"Let's meet again in the bluest of skies."

Isabella became dumbfounded as soon as she heard it. 

Before the young girl could react, Leslie suddenly stands up as he walks away from Isabella.

"Wait Leslie, what do you---"

Isabella was interrupted when she saw a familiar woman approaching their direction.

"Leslie, you should be ready for tonight, your adoptive parents are already waiting for you," The woman told to Leslie. "Have you bid your goodbye to Isabella? I am sure that she'll miss you."

"Mama Sarah," Leslie mumbled in a calm tone. The young lad glanced at his friend one last time. "I don't have to bid goodbye when we will meet again."

"Isabella and I will meet outside of the Orphanage."

A mysterious smile appeared on the woman's face when she heard the response of the young lad. The woman placed her hands on the child's shoulder as they both walked away.

"Of course, my dear. You'll meet her outside of the Orphanage." The woman replied. "But as long as she's still here, I will take care of Isabella."

Leslie clenched his fist but he never replied.

"Now, be a good boy because you'll meet your new parents today."

Isabella woke up from her daze as she watched her Mom and Leslie walking away.

The young girl stands up as she raised her right hand.

"Leslie..." Isabella mumbled.

A wind suddenly came in, fluttering her braided hair.

Her purple eyes glanced back at the tree with a sad expression. Under the tree, there was a familiar thing lying on the ground.

"You forgot your mandolin..."

•••••••••••

Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies.

Where a tomorrow waits for you and I.

So hold me tight one more time, but don't kiss me goodbye.

"'Cause I know that I'll see you on the other side."

I've never thought that I'll be flustered upon hearing this forgotten melody once again. I wasn't supposed to feel anything but temporary peace while hearing the tune of the melody that he made.

Hearing it from Ray was enough, the second time wasn't supposed to happen.

I wasn't supposed to be terrified while listening to this familiar melody. I wasn't supposed to break while listening to the lullaby that I've been singing for a decade. 

I will think of our song when the nights are too long.

I'll dream of you for that's where I belong.

That strong is supposed to be my strength.

But why is it breaking me now?

I glanced at the child who was now singing his forgotten melody. She was walking serenely while glancing at the calm stars up above. 

She knows what kind of future awaits her, but why are you walking calmly?

I feel terrible.

You're not the same as him but I can see him in you.

I can't let these tears to fall.

Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies.

Only, in my dreams, do we meet again.

Conny...

You said you heard it from Ray, don't you?

"Mom," The child me as she turned around to see me. 

I don't know how to respond.

I can't talk or else I will completely lose my grip.

Control it...

Control...

But before I could notice, I was already sitting on the ground while looking at her with a terrified expression. 

What a shame.

If they saw me like this, they will think of it as my weakness. An opening that they will covet to make me fall off the throne. 

I was so focused on controlling my emotions that I didn't notice that my body has already weakened.

"Mom," Conny called for me once again.

"Can we meet again?"

I stared at my hand blankly upon hearing that question.

Conny.

You said you heard it from Ray.

You said you heard that forgotten melody from Ray.

But...

"Leslie," I mumbled as I gritted my teeth.

Upon uttering that name, dozen of happy memories that made me feel suffering came into my mind. 

The fact that I still remember his face, the color of his hair, and how soft is his eyes, are making me feel terrible.

Tell me, Leslie...

The lyrics of your melody were supposed to be like that... right? 

It was supposed to be like that when you promised me that we will meet again. I waited patiently but what awaits me is a bitter truth.

I was angry.

We are supposed to meet again.

But you broke your promise.

"Don't end up like him," I mumbled as I stared at my little bunny with a broken face. I'm not certain if that child heard it but... "Live a different life and survive, Conny." 

I wanted to tell that to her.

I lifted my eyes at the beautiful star up above. I have to stand up and let out a smile that could reach out to you. 

When I regained my composition, I immediately rose from the ground like nothing ever happened.

This is the life that I am living right now.

I'm sorry Leslie, I never had a chance to get out of this place. 

I'm sorry, I never got to be a good parent to my child.

But at least, I lived longer for you.

•••••••••••

Today is what we call 'Mother's Day' in my country... That's why I decided to create another Special chapter about Mama Isabella! ┗( T﹏T )┛

Rawr! Happy Mother's Day to your Mamas!