Chapter 24: Within the Gate

I stand behind Mama Isabella when I saw two large Demons and a truck. It almost gave me a heart attack when I saw it. It was a good thing that Mom immediately recovered and followed me inside the gate.

I'm sorry Mom...

I clutched her dress while observing the two Demons. When I entered and they saw me, they did not do anything, but there is a familiar thing at the hand of the other Demon. It is the 'Vida' flower.

The thing that they used to Kill me.

To kill Conny.

I tried to calm my nerves as I observe. I need a clear mind to think about what was currently happening. Although I almost doubt Mom that she lied to me about becoming a Mom in training. I think it wasn't the case.

Since the Demons did nothing to me, they must have an Agenda. I wandered my eyes to look for the grandmother, however, I didn't see any trace of her. There is a possibility that she wasn't here because someone who is higher than her is here.

I frowned when I saw the other Demon took out his tongue while looking in my direction. I almost took a few steps backward when the large demon moved. "I didn't expect it to be this young, but it is really interesting."

"Stop doing that. You know that we cannot make a move without any order," The other Demon said. The Demon closed his mouth and walked towards the truck. "That child looks young, she's too young to train as a Mom."

"Is this 48294? The hidden premium good?" The other Demon said while looking in my direction. "She looks like a normal child," He said. Mom only nodded her head.

I couldn't help but glare at that Demon. 

I immediately went out behind Mom to face those two. I stared at the annoying Demon.

A chuckle escaped from my lips as I pointed my index finger in his eye. "Bang," I uttered with a twisted smile. "If I have a gun, I will shot you in your eye."

"YOU---"

"I'm kidding, Mr. Demon," I told him before closing my eyes. "So, How will you going to test my efficiency?" I asked with an innocent smile on my lips. "I bet you wouldn't just believe if a child like me would only get full scores in a one go the exam."

I stared at the plant at the hand of the other Demon. Since they didn't make a move to kill me or to attack me, I deduced that they are here for a reason. I want to confirm it.

"How will you going to test me?"

My admission as a Mom in training is not confirmed yet or maybe, it wasn't complete yet.

Another test to confirm my ability. If my deduction is correct, they want to test my efficiency once again. Judging from the plant that they are currently holding, If I fail the test, it will going to be the end, they will kill me with that thing.

But if I will pass, they will accept my conditions, fully.

Do they think that having a complete Full Score in one go is suspicious? Err, I can't even cheat at the watchful eyes of Mama Isabella at that moment. What do they want to confirm?

"I wasn't surprised that she figure it out," a Demon suddenly said. "However," The Demon bend down his body while pointing the 'Vida' flower in my chest. His scary face went closer to me. "I don't like your behavior."

I can feel the tip of the flower on my chest. 

I clenched my fist when I felt that my body trembled. It's scary, that face is the exact face that I keep seeing in my dreams. I gritted my teeth as I tried to calm myself.