Chapter 43: I am 48294

"You're slow, can you walk faster?" Violet, who was walking behind me asked. "Do you still need someone to carry you?"

I took a deep breath when I heard her next question. Although her question sounds sarcastic, her tone wasn't rude. I guess it is a normal reaction from a person that was almost turned into a decoy a while ago.

My plan was to leave after picking up the chosen children, after that, I will find the right time to take Andrew down with my tranquilizer on our way to Bayon's Manor. 

It's a simple plan but it will be very effective if it's a surprise attack.

I believe that if I take Violet with us, she would be a great help if she would cooperate with me, after all, Violet's an important asset to her comrades, they will surely follow us if they can. 

And if my plan worked, I will talk with her to discuss my agenda while going back to Goldy Pond.

However, things didn't go in the direction that I wanted. They are even wary of me, my reputation to them is rock bottom.

They wrestled me, I embarrassed myself.

And I even uttered Y/N's name...

"Not answering?" I suddenly heard a voice. I raised my head when someone blocked the way. I suddenly felt intimidated when Violet looked down on me. This intimidation felt stronger than Andrew's, and I don't know why!

This is completely different from how they welcome Emma!

"Eh..." I mumbled while playing with my fingers.

"I said you're slow," She said while towering over me. "You're slowing us, can't you walk a little faster?" Violet asked slowly, her violet eyes were staring intently at me.

Can I even manage to turn their impression of me into a lighter way? They said they will question me, but it will be hard to make them listen to me if they are wary.

If I am suspicious to them, even if I show the 'Promised Pen', it might never work.

Darn, let's just go with the flow, I think I can still negotiate with them.

"My body hurts, my legs hurt, my arms hurt," I answered her while lowering my shoulders. "If I am really slowing you, I think I might really need someone to carry me."

"Man, she's really blunt."

"I am only trying to cooperate..." I mumbled. 

"Besides, I don't know where are you trying to bring me, but less than 3 hours from now, the Demon named Lerin might come back to check on me," My eyes went to the entrance of Goldy Pond. "You should bring me back to the entrance before it happens."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, it's a warning... I really need to go back before he checks on me." I paused while massaging my left arm. "You wouldn't want to play hide and seek with him, he's Leuvis' guest if you are aware."

I heard them groaned when I mentioned 'Leuvis' to them, some of them averted their gaze.

As I expected, if not hatred, they must be really scared of him.

He's the most terrifying after all. I am lucky enough to keep my composure when I talked to him. 

Now that I remember, it seems like this body had a trauma with Demons, I could remember trembling in front of them the first time that I saw one. Maybe I get used to Mr. Lerin's presence as a Demon.

"Little girl, I've been meaning to ask you this question. Why are you with those Man-eaters?" Gillian suddenly asked me. "What's your connection with them?"