The 9 Pillars: Highest Ranking Combatants

Start from the beginning

"Try I shall!" I retort, taking in a deep breath of oxygen.

"Oh no you don't." The Hashira pinning down Tanjiro says, getting up with incredible speed and launching himself at me.

"Lightspeed!"

I quickly close the distance between us in a mere fraction of a second. The Hashira who was going to pin me down doesn't even notice I was gone until he face plants onto the dirt.

All the Hashira are in shock, Sanemi especially. However, I don't land a blow on Sanemi, as Tanjiro quickly took the opportunity to run towards him and headbutt Sanemi so hard he bleeds from his nose.

"I've heard of hard-headed, but this is on another level..." I say to myself.

All the Hashira are shocked. Expect for a couple, the pink haired one is trying her best not to burst out laughing. And the one who tried to tackle me to the ground has quickly gotten up and returned to the tree from which he jumped on Tanjiro from. Sanemi though, just wipes the blood dripping from his nose with his sleeve.

"That's enough Sanemi." A gentle and calm voice says.

The Hashira immediately bow down in front of the man. Tanjiro and I get pushed down to the ground as well by other Hashira, who clearly highly respect this man.

Sanemi, who was just acting brash and sadistic, now acts polite. Congratulating him for good health.

I don't get to hear much of the conversation though, as the repercussions start to hit me. I feel myself getting light-headed and dizzy as my ears ring, making every word spoken inaudible. Soon after, my consciousness fades as the last thing I see Sanemi standing up, with the box in one hand and a katana in the other.

When I wake up, I'm in an all too familiar infirmary bed. I'm in the Butterfly Mansion, again. This time however, I'm not alone. To my left is Inosuke, he remains unmoving, probably asleep. To might right, is an empty bed, but another bed down is someone I don't recognize. A boy with yellow hair, roughly the same age as me, sitting upright and with a face that has a "I just got killed by a demon but it was a nightmare" kind of look.

He notices me staring directly at him and somehow jumps the entire distance between his bed and mine in a single motion.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yell silently, not wanting to disturb Inosuke.

"It's the medicine!" The boy yells directly in my face. "They must've mistook my medicine for poison! It tastes so bad!"

"Quiet down!" A stern and familiar voice calls out.

Aoi enters the room, followed by a Kakushi member carrying Tanjiro.

"What are you doing in (y/n)'s bed? Get over here!" Aoi demands.

The boy frantically shakes his head, so Aoi storms over to him, grabs him by the back of the hospital attire's collar, and drags him over to his bed. It lasts for only a couple short seconds, but the boy still yells for someone to 'save' him.

"Now listen here!" Aoi says to the quivering boy. "This medicine will slow down the effects of the spider poison before completely removing it from your system. Now, if you don't want to drink it and you instead want to become a spider, be my guest."

"Spider?" I question aloud. "He was on Natagumo Mountain too?"

"Yes. He was." Aoi says, now turning her wrath upon me as the boy recognizes Tanjiro. "And while I'm focused on you, why the hell are you back here?! Do you not recognize the fine line between being courageous and being plain stupid?!"

Before I even have a chance to move on, Aoi grabs a piece of paper lying on the bedside table and reads it to me.

"Here's your list of injures you sustained." Aoi says. "Fractured bones in your right arm and leg, torn and pulled muscles on both your legs, a ruptured liver, severe internal bleeding, minor damage to the spinal cord, dislocated left ankle, overexerted lungs and diaphragm, and an overall damaged circulatory and respiratory system."

Aoi finishes and the entire room goes dead silent, with both Tanjiro and the boy as well as the Kakushi looking at me as if I was dead, which I pretty much am supposed to be. Aoi is the one to break the silence.

"How the hell are you still alive?!" Aoi yells in the most furious tone I've ever heard. "Not only that, but able to use yet another Breathing Form?!"

"That is a very good question." I reply bluntly.

Aoi just sighs and exits the room and Tanjiro is laid down on his bed. Finally, with a proper chance to rest, I close my eyes and doze off.

A.N - The Hashira have been introduced! I cut down the meeting drastically, because I was feeling lazy. Sorry!