Chapter thirteen

I walk through the house with a terrible headache. After last nights little lantern ceremony I needed to get drunk. I went to the bar and the bartender was very nice to me. I mean I didn't even have to use my fake id. He could tell I was having a rough night. He also thought I was hot.

I just couldn't do the night sober. And waking up with this headache makes me want to never be sober again. I was so close to drinking again until Elena came into my room telling me to get ready.

"Come on. You need to come to school." Elena whines at me as she follows me around the house. If she wasn't my sister I would snap at her. Or probably even stake her to be honest.

Elena wants me to go back to mystic falls. Which is never happening. I do home school. At least I did when I lived at the Lahey farm. But even then it was mostly just history and survival. We only did math on Tuesdays.

I loved home schooling.

But now I don't live there so I just get a worksheet and a listen of workouts from Thomas. Which I'm definitely not complaining about. I do all the work and I even do some program on the computer to help me with my math. So I don't have to go to school.

High school is literally the worst. I was only there my freshman year but I hated it and I'm never going back. Even if it's my senior year and I should makes memories. I don't care. I don't think any of it matters. And I hate when girls try and come at me for just being nice and smiling at a guy.

It annoying. I don't do teen drama.

"Alex please." She drags out as we get to the kitchen and o pour myself some coffee. "No offense Elena; but I'd rather Bonnie actually stops my heart and leaves me in the woods then go back to high school." I tell her before I take a sip of my coffee. "Alex please. You need to go to school." She tells me I shrug my shoulder. "I do homeschool." I say with a petty smirk acting like I got it all figured out.

My vampire sister crossed her arms over her chest and gives me a disbelief look. "Getting a worksheet once a week and going on a 2 hour run isn't school." She said the judgement clear in her voice. I stick my figure out, "2 an 1/2 hour run. And I don't need to be told to read a book I generate I already read." I tell her as she rolls her eyes at me.

"Really you read Moby Dick?" She asks disbelief all over her face. "Let faith oust fact; let fancy oust memory; I look deep down and do believe." I quote Moby Dick with a smug smirk. "Great Gatsby?" She continues to challenge. "No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart." I quote while walking past her and sitting on the couch.

"Outsiders?" She asks from the kitchen.

"Things are rough all over.." I quote while shutting my eyes

"Hamlet."

"To die, to sleep— To sleep, perchance to dream."

"Romeo and Juliet?"

I open my eyes and turn to look at her with a smile. "My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite." I quote and watch all her hope wash away. "How do you know all those quotes?" She ask I shrug and turn back on the couch. "Reading." I state simply with cockiness clear in my voice.

Before Elena can testify someone knocks at the door. I hear to walk to go get it as I stay on the couch drinking my coffee. "Hey." I hear a familiar voice. I couldn't tell until I hear them kiss. They walk into the house and I keep my face forward.

"Morning Stefan."

"How did you-" Elena starts but I cut her off. "New wolf hearing or something." I hear her hum a ok before grabbing her bag. "Wait Alex isn't coming?" Stefan ask Elena. "No she already knows all there is to know apparently." She mocks me. I roll my eyes "I know everything their going to teach." I join in on the conversation about me.