"All right then." Sam puts his laptop in his bag. "Get that stuff to go."

Eleanor takes a final sip of her milkshake and sighs. "These stupid monsters are why we can't have nice things."

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

"NOW, YOU THREE said you were bloggers?" Jim Jenkins asked.

The siblings sat at his dining room table, his wife and daughter sitting in the other room.

Sam flashed him a smile. "Yes, sir. FlooredbytheLord.com."

"All of God's glory fit to blog," Dean adds.

"Taking special interest in the everyday miracle," Eleanor chimes in.

Sam looks at them and clears his throat. "Um. Some of the people around town are saying what happened to you was a miracle."

Jim nods. "It was. Plain as day."

"How can you be so sure?" Eleanor's pen hovered above the leather-bound notepad she had in hand.

He shrugs. "How else do you explain it? The doctors can't. There's a bullet in my heart, and it's pumping like a piston."

"Well, how do you explain it?" Dean asks.

The man hesitate and looks over at his daughter. "Look, honestly. I was nobody's saint, not exactly father of the year, either. But when that guy shot me and I didn't bleed a drop? I just knew the Lord was giving me a second chance."

"That so?"

"I had this feeling—like angels were watching over me." He pauses and Eleanor nods. "I wouldn't expect you guys to understand."

Dean gave him a tight lipped smile. "Well, we'll just have to try."

"You wouldn't have happened to have swung by a crossroads in the past week or so?" Sam asks.

"No," Jim answered, confused.

"Maybe you met someone? With black eyes? Or red?" he presses.

The man leans forward. "Who'd you guys say you were again?"

Dean looks over at Sam. "Never mind. Thank you for your time." He stands and his siblings follow.

They returned to the motel, then split up. Dean and Eleanor were on research and Sam was following up on a lead at the hospital.

It wasn't long before Sam returned. "That cancer survivor? He was clinically dead, his wife pulled the plug, and now he's taking her out for their twentieth anniversary," he announces as he enters the room.

"Any sign of a deal?" Eleanor asks, looking up from her laptop.

Sam shook his head. He closes the door behind him and sits on the end of one of the beds. "No. What about you guys? Found anyone dying around here?"

"Not since Cole Griffith," Dean speaks up. "He dropped ten days ago. It was the last death I could find."

"So, what are you thinking?"