chapter 14 || resonate

it was the day genji had to move out of cassidy's dorm. he had packed everything prior, quite angry over the new change. cassidy gave him a quick goodbye kiss before he opened the door, greeted by gabriel, crossing his arms and nodding in approval. genji shamefully walked out of the hallway and headed into the elevator, looking back at cassidy one last time, as the gates of the elevator closed before his eyes.

making his way to his new dorm, he looked down at the suitcases he dragged out. he immediately shut the door so gabriel wouldn't bother him with lectures on how this was good for him. he unpacked his clothes, mostly hoodies, when he realized he accidentally packed cassidy's sweater that he had given him. he held it up, being reminded of his stupid little smile and whenever he tipped his hat attempting his pet names. genji missed him already.

he finished unpacking surprisingly quick, the only things he mainly organized was his hygenial needs. he headed back downstairs, and decided to make a quick stop at angela's to say hi. he made his way towards the medical rooms, softly knocking on the door.

"angela?"

no response.

genji then got reminded that she was leaving today to head back to gibraltar. he wished he could have at least said goodbye. checking his watch, he realized training would begin soon. genji gathered himself up and headed towards the new gym he had been assigned to by gabriel. he headed inside, but it didn't feel strongly with training grounds.

it mainly consisted of lifting weights and treadmills. he questioned if he was in the right place. he dug in his pocket to see if the room number he was was the same of where he was inside.

sure enough, he was right. it seems that he would be doing this for the rest of blackwatch without any actual training. genji had already took many lessons back in his youth, so it wouldn't affect him that much.

he shyly went for one of the weights that had been placed around. he was grateful he was the only one making use of the gym, with no one else there. it was difficult to bring himself together and lift the weights at first; but eventually he got the hang of it. he quite enjoyed it. he hadn't trained this way in a long time, ever since his youth.

he began his "training" until it had been past sunset every day. it consisted of mostly working out and gaining more muscle. he practiced more melee by the punching bags they installed later the next day. sometimes, whenever he punched with his metallic arm, a small sharp pain would temporarily come near his shoulder, by the flesh intertwining with the metal. genji sometimes would whine by the pain and take a small break, while other times he would push through the pain.

he would pass by cassidy every now and then and wave hello, but all he got was a very angry gabriel staring right at him before cassidy could notice.

it went on for a week. genji couldn't sleep because he felt something was missing. obviously that being cassidy. he wasn't able to pass out without his touch, playing with his hair and, everything about him. he almost thought he was slowly forgetting him. he looked down at the sweater he had kept, still not bringing himself to return it. he put it on, laying in bed. at least the smell of his cologne still resented with the sweater.

he stared into space with the lamp lighting up the room, as the clock ticked its way to the next minute.

the ticks irked him to his core. every second passing by only made genji yearn for his lover more. was this some sort of test set by gabriel? who knows. he couldn't contain the isolation any longer. it all just came back to him and he snapped.

he looked directly at the clock. it wasn't too late, but it was a dark cold night. rain was pouring down hard on the glass door to the balcony. genji threw down the covers and took off the sweater, not wanting to get it wet, as he opened the balcony door, looking back at the building cassidy's room was in.