PROLOGUE

"River! I'm so sorry. Hindi ko naman sinadya na sabihin sa kanila yung sekreto mo. Pasensya na talaga." Another traitor. Ugh. Hindi ko nalang siya pinansin and I continued walking down the hallway as if I own it.

 "River kaibigan mo ako right?" I stopped with what she said. I faced her; heads held high.

"Can you repeat what you just said?" Now I got everybody's attention. Let's see what she got.

"K-kaibigan mo ako River, d-diba?" I can see SCARE in her eyes, even though she's trying to hide it.

"What's my name again dear?" A smirked formed into my lips when I saw her reaction. She already  knew what I meant.

"R-renesmee. Y-yun ang pangalan mo." I was glad when I saw her bow. Another victory for me. I know, that was effortless. Pero ano ang magagawa ko? Eh sa ganyan ako sumagot. Bihira mo lang akong marinig na sumagot ng mahaba. Direct to the point ang lahat ng sinasabi ko. Hindi ako plastic. But once na mahaba na ang sinasabi ko it either means I am so damn irritated or I am badly hurt.

"You only consider me as a friend because of my fame and reputation. So if you'll excuse me." I waited for her to move out of the way but she didn't. Oh well, no choice. I pushed her hard causing her to fall on the ground. I gave her a pitiful look and walked gracefully.

 A bitter smile formed on my lips. Kahit galit ako sa kanya, kahit she betrayed me, I still can't deny the fact that she has been my friend. Scratch that, BESTFRIEND. We've known each other for a few years already. It fucking hurts to let go of a friend. I mean, why? Bat niya nagawa sakin to? Naging mabait ako sa kanya. I always tell her the truth. I share my secrets to her. She knows me more than anyone else. Though from the very start I know kinakaibigan niya lang ako because of my fame. Ugh! But all of those won't change the fact that she betrayed me. So be it.

So, I am currently sitting here in the cafeteria when Dylan approached me.

"River. I heard what you did to Klara. Alam mo hindi mo dapat ginawa yun! Siya na nga lang yung kaibigan mong natira na palaging umiitindi sayo, sinukuan mo pa?" Psh. As if I care?

"Look Dy, I don't need a friend." Simple but accurate. I mean come on, hindi ba kayo mabubuhay kung wala kayong kaibigan? Come to think of it, they don't feed you; they don't provide your oxygen; and for sure, they WON'T and WILL NEVER stick to you by your side forever. They come and go. They'll hurt you when they leave. So what's the point?

"Don't you treasure friendship River?" 

"I used to Dy. I USED TO."

Tatayo na sana ako nang bigla niya akong pigilan.

"Kelan ba babalik yung dating Ilyanne? Yung Ilyanne na minahal ko." How dare he mention that -.-

"People change. Feelings don't. Keep that in mind." I walked pass him trying my best to hide those tears. I get pretty emotional sa tuwing binibring-up niya yung topic na yun. Palagi kong tinatanong yung sarili ko kung ano bang mali sa akin ngayon. Masama na bang itago na apektado ka? Na nasasaktan ka? Kung mahal niya talaga ako noon sana hindi niya ako sinukuan. Argh! Too many thoughts running in my head.

By the way, hi. I'm River. And welcome to my never ending story.