Chapter twenty nine

Start from the beginning

"As you should." Sienna nodded, smiling as she took a sip of her tea. "And, what exactly were we doing in this dream of yours, my darling?"

"Well—"

Before Olivia could go into any potential scarring detail, the door opened and footsteps followed inside, eventually leading into the kitchen.

Elijah and Klaus stood, the latter's appearance quite dishevelled — curly hair a mess on his head, faint traces of mud coating the sides of his face, his shirt ruffled, yet despite all of that, there was a smile on his lips which reached his eyes, a genuinely content smile.

"You look happy." Sienna commented with her own smile forming, when the people she cared about were happy so was she. "How was it?"

"Well," Klaus' grin grew marginally as he kept his eyes locked with her enchanting hazel ones that swam with such intensity. "Why don't we have that promised talk, after that promised hug."

"Oh, absolutely." Sienna grinned teasingly as she placed down her mug of tea and walked over to the newly turned hybrid, gently entangling her hands around his neck and resting her head in the crook of his neck.

Klaus genuinely thought that he'd finally found heaven, as he buried his head softly into her wavy locks of brunette hair and her aroma of vanilla and jasmine flew into his scenes, attacking them in the most blissful way. His arms curved around her waist, pulling her closer to his own body, hands resting unmoving on either side of her midsection, only just above her hips. He could feel her body heat and the way her fingers lightly played with his hair, the way her soft breaths caused relentless shivers to erupt over his entire body, the way her body fit so perfectly against his own. They were made for each other, a he was so glad he found his other half: after centuries of feeling alone.

From where she sat on a stool, Freya shot her unoccupied brother a pointed look which clearly read 'tell her' and Elijah merely pursed his lips thoughtfully.

"Brother," Elijah began as Sienna started to pull back from the meaningfully prolonged embrace, the hybrid frowning unhappily in reply, "You made a promise to awaken our siblings after the ritual, I hope you can make true on that."

"As a matter of fact Elijah, I can." Klaus smirked. "In fact, why don't we go and awaken our siblings today? I'm feeling in a joyous enough mood to endure all of you, being the nuisances you are."

"That sounds like a great idea, Niklaus." Elijah hummed, his eyes narrowed a little on his brother who appeared innocent and completely free of any evil master plans.

• • •

"Um, I should be going home now.." Bonnie brought up a tad awkwardly, leaning against the perfectly kept vanity that Caroline had placed in her room.

"Yeah." Caroline nodded, a pinkness hinting at her pale face as she avoided eye contact. "Yeah. Yeah, of course. I'll, uh, walk you out."

The two of them made the way out of Caroline's bedroom, the tension palpable as they walked to the front door in silence — the silence wasn't namely awkward it was more tense, in a way that they both wanted to say something.

Bonnie walked to the door, moving hesitantly as her hand wrapped around the door knob — she peered timidly over her shoulder at her best friend, "Bye." She barely whispered.