I

Almost everyone falls in love, sometime. It's normal, it's natural, it's just the way the world works. There was no issue with that until that day, where 22 year old Song Mingi realized that he too was in love- in love with his best friend.

-

Mingi and Yunho met back in middle school, with Yunho's family moving from Gwangju to Seoul, and moving into the house right across from Mingi's. Sharing classes and lunch breaks, they ended up becoming inseparable. Mingi always had some liking towards the other, but it was always a best friend kind of liking. Or at least so he had thought.

It was always platonic love, even their little touches and hugs, or their shared showers, or the countless nights they've spent together in sleepovers.

It's all platonic. At least that's what Mingi tried to convince himself when he was left a blushing mess after cuddling with Yunho the whole night.

Mingi felt hot at the memory of all the little touches that he loved so much from Yunho, like when he was massaging his back to help his pain after a long day, or when he fell asleep while playing with Mingi's soft silver hair.

Now falling in love was fine and everything, but Mingi didn't know what to do.

First of all, he's never felt like this before. Sure, he's had a girlfriend back in highschool but what he felt with her was nothing like it was with Yunho. He's never felt anything with her, but with Yunho, he felt everything.

Second of all, Yunho was his best friend. And he was the same for Yunho. Only to Yunho, Mingi was nothing but a best friend, Mingi was sure of it. Because why would he be more than that.

He couldn't risk ruining nearly a decade of close friendship. But at the same time, he wanted Yunho. He wanted to be with him so bad. He wanted to see him every morning when he woke up and every night before going to sleep. He wanted to be able to hold him and call him "mine".

And that's how Mingi found himself in Choi Jongho's living room.

He didn't exactly know what answer he was looking for, but he just assumed it would be found in his friend's cozy apartment.

"Mingi, to be totally honest, you lost me at "love"" the younger commented.

Choi Jongho, Mingi's other best friend. The totally platonic kind. For real this time. When Mingi couldn't go to Yunho with something, Jongho was his guy for advice about pretty much anything.... But love advice.

Something about the concept of love didn't work for him, which is why usually Jongho was the last person you'd want to go to for "love advice". Otherwise, Jongho would usually be reliable, someone you could trust. And that might just be what Mingi needed at that confusing time.

"I'm gonna say this just once more, Jongho. I'm in love with-"

"Yes I heard, you're in love with Yunho, but what does that have to do with me?"

Mingi stopped to think, why did he go to Jongho?

"Maybe you could help me, you know? Like friends do" the older tried convincing the younger.

Jongho though, couldn't be bothered. Even his best friend's repeating attempts couldn't make him meddle with "love".

The younger rolled his eyes "You are aware that we know two couples, right? Or are you experiencing amnesia maybe?"

Mingi couldn't help but chuckle, "as if any of them could keep a secret."

He had a point. Jongho knew he did. If Mingi had a secret, Jongho would be the one most likely to keep it safe.

He slouched back into the couch and glanced at his watch before turning his gaze back to Mingi.

He rubbed his eyes with a sigh, "you should just tell him, man. If you're so in love with him, a confession would be your best bet."

Jongho stood up from his seat and put on his coat, "Now if you don't mind me kicking you out, I'm supposed to be at Yeosang's in six minutes and I don't feel like getting his passive aggressiveness for being late." He said while grabbing his keys and showing Mingi to the door that the older was already very familiar with.

The younger checked that his phone was on him and locked the door behind them.

Mingi was about to turn around and leave before Jongho spoke up again.

"Hey Gi?" He said, "good luck with Yunho."

Mingi smiled, "thanks Jjong."

A/N:

Sorry to keep you all waiting but I'm not entirely dead and I hope to be finally satisfied with the new version of this fic.

I've edited it twice before deciding to rewrite it and tbh I'm already liking it so much better.

I know I'm slow, so please be patient with meTT

anyways, I hope you all enjoy reading:)