14

[RECOMMENDED TO PLAY 'YOURS' BY JIN WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER]

“The day she came to visit you she had a lot to say but you didn't listen to her instead pushed her to the edge and left. You didn't deserve my sister nor her love for you Park Jimin.”

-20TH AUGUST, 2021-

Jimin stood in front of her, seeing her fiddling with her fingers nervously. “I gotta tell you something.” He hummed trying to maintain a cold composure. She opened her mouth ready to speak when he cut her words even before they could escape her lips. “Let's break up you have nothing to offer me. You're a loser! While me? I'm an aspiring businessman. I can't be seen with you.” Her eyes dampened hoping what he said was a joke.

“Jimin you're kidding right? Everything was just fine between us yesterday. You even confessed to me you were insanely in love with me.” Lifting her hand up she attempted to touch his face. However, he shoved her backwards. “Don't touch me, you're poor, unsuccessful and not of my class. There was nothing right between us from the start. It was your imagination that you had built up. I can't even introduce you to my parents. Ashamed of you and your status.” She felt her world fall apart acknowledging what he really thought of her. All this while in their relationship.

“I'll become rich soon, please don't leave me. Trust me I know I don't possess anything with me currently. Give me some time. Once I've reached your level then you could introduce me to your parents.” Jimin paid no heed to her condition. Masking his personality and lies really well. “Don't ever contact me from today.” He ushered out of the park. She chased after him, begging him to listen to her.

Climbing inside his car he drove away unaware of the woman following behind him. Her body flung in the air, landing down with a hard tumble due to the harsh impact she had felt in that millisecond. Cars abruptly stopped at the horrifying scene they had witnessed. In the chase of saving her love life she hadn't seen where she was running to. In no time a huge crowd was formed around her unconscious frame. The one to put her in this condition had fled away afraid of his future. “It was a truck driver, I saw him.” A man murmured to the spectator standing beside him. “Poor girl!”

-3:45 P.M.-

Jin stood outside the operation theater pacing back and forth biting his nails anxiously. He was in a meeting when he got a call from the hospital informing him of his dear sister's condition. “Doctor, how is she?” He enquired her state from the masked man. “Her condition is critical, I can't guarantee you anything.” Jin held in the sob ready to erupt from his throat. “She was fine in the morning. How did she land up here?”

Reminiscing the previous conversation he had with her earlier in the morning Jin was blaming himself for not looking after her properly. She was his only family. How could he be careless? “You'll be fine soon you have to be.”

-9:11 P.M.-

Embracing himself he walked inside her room, seeing her sitting on the bed with several wires connected to her, with a bandaged head and an IV tube attached to her wrist. “Jin you're here.” Pointing with her fingers she indicated him to come closer to her. He sat beside her on the bed. Rubbing her palms. “My little girl, you'll be healthy and happy. Once you're discharged I'll get you married to Jimin ok?” Listening to her boyfriend's name being mentioned she grabbed her hair tugging on them violently. Jin was shocked by her actions.

“I lost my child, didn't I? I was supposed to tell him about my pregnancy Jin. I couldn't save my child, I couldn't save our bond nor could I protect our unborn child. He broke up with me, he won't ever return to me now.” Jin held her shoulders to calm her down. “Everything will be fine. Oppa is here, he'll bring him back into your life.” Shaking her head she denied his assurance.