II • Nail chewing is a bad habit

Start from the beginning

Ron was the first to say something in the last hour. This was an act of true bravery, no wonder he was sorted into Gryffindor. "He's got to win this, right?" The uncertainty in his voice was uncomforting to everyone, most shifted in their seats.

"Yes Ron, he's going to be fine" Hermione acted as though she was unbothered by the whole situation, even though she herself had also been deadly quiet. Rory admired Hermione, she always took it upon herself to put on a brave face to comfort others.

Fred spoke next "Why don't we distract ourselves" he offered. To Aurora, it looked as though he was suggesting mischief but Hermione clearly thought otherwise.

"Good idea" the bushy-haired witch supported. Everyone's eyes widen, she was never one to agree with troublemaking "Why don't we start packing for school, we leave in less than a day." The revelation hit everyone like a truck, the twins groaned at her ignorance of the true meaning of their offer, whether she meant to or not. Everyone else relaxed.

"What a great idea," Molly spoke. "Come on, get to it." She pushed the children out of the lounge room and up the stairs.

As Aurora folded her clothes on her bed beside Hermione, Fred waltzed into the room. "Come one" he offered "let's have some real fun."

Hermione shot up and turned to face him. "Not until we're done" she scolded.

Ginny immediately went to follow Fred at the idea of fun, Rory on the other hand was hesitant. "What sort of fun" she interrogated, arms crossed in front of her, head tilted slightly to the left.

"Oh, George had a bloody ingenious idea for some entertainment, he and I plan to get Walburga furious. I won't spoil it, but I will tell you, it involves Kreacher and some matches" his eyes gleamed with trouble, and his smirk was more visible than ever.

Hermione immediately went to decline but Rory convinced her there'll be no harm if they just watch. All the teenagers spent the majority of their time trapped in a fit of giggles as they watched Fred and George patronize the painting of Sirius's mother.

After the hilarious events had ended, just in time, they heard the front door open, all teenagers rushed to be the first to meet Harry and ask about the goings of his trial.

They made it downstairs, and all of them became overwhelmed with relief at the news of Harry's trial. He wasn't expelled, thank Merlin.

It would soon be time to depart for Hogwarts, but Auroras' energetic mood had died out, and she was exhausted. The next day at five o'clock they would awake. She knew she had to go to bed early but she couldn't find it in herself to sleep.

Soon she started to feel drowsy but before she could escape consciousness, she was re-awoken by the faint tapping by the window, next to her bed. There she saw a dark feathered owl she recognised to belong to Daphne Greengrass. She and Daphne had become friends in divination third year, where they bonded over the ridiculousness of Professor Trelawneys' words and prophecies.

Dear Aurora,

I heard of your situation, and I offer my deepest condolences, to you and your family.

It is such a tragic tale, of what happened, and I can only hope for the best for you.

I only met your mother once, but during our interaction I automatically discovered a liking for her and her sophisticated demeanour, to be honest, she reminded me of you. She also possessed the similar completion that graces you, and her nose resembled yours to the very molecule. I'm thankful I got to meet her. If you need a friend to talk to, I'll happily listen.

On another note, how are you doing? How was your holiday? And do tell me all about that new quill you were rambling about during our last interaction.

Best of wishes, Daphne xx.