14. promises for next time

You found yourself with Athanasia again. Lilian York had to pick up something from her office, papers regarding the Ruby Palace's spendings from this month, apparently.

The Princess was playing with a ball when you came. A golden, sparkly ball, to be exact.

Now that you mention it, she seemed incredibly fond of anything shiny. You see her once or twice a month, and every time you do, you spot a sparkly toy near her.

You were simply watching over her, making sure she won't hurt herself as she plays around with said sparkly ball.

She sneaks glances towards you every now and then, and you catch her in the act every time. You think she's doing it on purpose though, considering how she looks so entertained.

Well, as long as she's entertained, you didn't really mind.

Distracted after getting caught staring once again, the grip she had on her ball loosened, and it began to roll away from her.

"I'll get it for you, don't worry." you stood up and picked up the ball for her. You set the toy beside her, intending on going back to just watching over her right after but her tiny hand placed itself on your finger.

"Do you need something, Princess?"

"Talk."

She improved when talking! Ah, her tiny hand is so cute! We went from staring contest to whatever this is right now.

"Yes, of course, Princess."

About what, though.

It's been about three days since you came back to the Palace. In those three days, you spent them...

Your eyes slowly lowered towards the child.

And then your face began to heat up.

...I was with him in those three days doing...

Made Lippe tea and um, kissed in the kitchen. Then the next day, he had a meeting to attend. You spent more time removing clothes than helping him put them on. And then just yesterday—

You snapped out when Athanasia began tapping your hand to get your attention once again.

"Oh, sorry, Princess." you used your free hand to pat her on the head. "You wanted to hear a story, right? Um..."

It's afternoon, so Ms. York must be planning to put her to sleep once she returns, right?

You didn't have much PG shit that you could share to Athanasia, so bed time stories were your best options.

How does Cinderella go again...

"Athy no sleepy." the child seemed to have read your mind with those words.

"Isn't it time for your nap, though?" you countered.

She started to get anxious when you said those words—like she wasn't expecting you to know. "A-Athy eat first."

You acted like you actually believed her. You started to smile, planning to play with child for a bit. "Huh, I swear Ms. York talked about how the Princess will take a nap after our meeting. But since the Princess says so, I guess she was wrong~."

The child couldn't say anything back after you said that. She pouted upon realizing you caught her lying.

Honestly, she's too advanced for her age.

Noticing that her mood lowered, you quickly scoured your pockets and took out a wrapped candy that you stole from Claude's afternoon snack earlier.