*1*

" I've been rapped.Now, my life's been destroyed. My education has been destroyed too. I don't even know whether I should tell dad or not. Would he even believe me? It's his own brother! Oh God why? What should I do now?" She sat on the floor in her room, bleeding. She cried till day broke. She was confused.

"Should I? I'm scared too, he said he'd kill me if I mention it." She kept on thinking about what to do until she heard a knock.

"Dear? Cecelia?" Her mom called.

"Oh no, it's mom.." She quickly stood up, still feeling pains in her abdomen, and pulled the rag closer and tried cleaning the drops of blood that had formed a little pond on the tiles.

"Mom please wait a little." She said.

She couldn't walk like she used to. She was feeling so much pain.She wiped her tears with her cloth and opened the door for her mom.

"Good morning mom."

"Good morning dear, why do you look so weak. It seems like you've been crying for hours, what's wrong?" Her mom asked with so much concern.

"I'm fine. It was just a minor headache." She lied.

Unluckily for her, a careless drop of blood who wouldn't stay in its lane or even have pity on the poor girl slipped and landed onto the tile. Her mom widened her eye when she saw the blood on her daughter's thigh.

" Hei!" Her mother screamed and placed her arms on her head.

"Mom, what is it?"

"I'm dead o!" Her mother said in twi.

"mom?"

"Sit my daughter, who did this to you?"

She bent her head and began crying.

'Boldness is a kind of ghost shows up in me when I can't stand something anymore.'

She recalled a line from a poem she read two days ago which was written by a young poet she admired and thought she could relate to this now, like NOW!

She couldn't stand this anymore, she just had to spew her it out.

"I'm bold! I'm brave! It's better I say and die than I live and suffer!" She murmured to herself, gathered a few courage and decided to tell her mom.

"Yesternight,around 11:00pm to 12:00pm, someone pounced on me and I woke up.."

"And?"

"I tried defending myself so I struggled with the person but he was stronger."

"Oh my daughter, why didn't you shout for help?" Her mom said, weeping.

"I tried but he pulled out a knife and threatened to kill me if I do."

"Did you see his face?"

'Yes I did but should I tell?'I continued with my internal monologue.

'Yes you should, he wouldn't kill you.' It continued.

"Yes mom,I did."

"Oh God!" She screamed.

"Who was it?"

"Uncle...Steve."

"Dear, are you sure of what you are saying?"

"Yes mom, I am! Tell me, who's this for?" She said and showed her the watch she took from his pocket when they were struggling.

"Follow me!" Her mom said and walked out.

"Owusu! Owusu!Owusu!" Her mom called out her dad's name while she walked to the living room.