Chapter 4: generosity

(Hello again everyone! The next chapter is here : D some angst in this and fan made Kennedy family story just to let y'all know)

POV by jack:
The next day when I went to work, the puppet was already out of her box. She was sitting on the prize corner counter. Matt didn't seem to mind which was surprising.

I walked over to them. I waved at her but she didn't wave back. Matt did though with his scary virgin stare. I just ignored him.

"Dee..." I said pleading for her attention. She still ignored me. Matt looked at us nervously. "Ummm ima go-" he said walking away quickly.

I rolled my eyes then turned back to dee. She finally looked at me. She looked like she was trying to plead with me.

'Oh....she still wanted me to save the kids' I thought sadly. I frowned at her and shook my head. She frowned back but still had those pleading eyes.

Then the worst thing that could have happened......happened. Dave walked over to me. "Heya sportsy!" He said greeting me happily.

Dee turned to him and glared. He saw her glaring at him and just stuck his tongue out. "Hey Dave, can you give me and the puppet some space please?" I asked him nicely.

He turned to me and nodded. "Alright!" He said as he stuck his tongue out at Dee once again. Which caused her to scowl.

He walked away happily going to the back rooms I guessed. "He's probably going to murder more innocent children!" She told me.

I slowly turned to her. "You don't know that.." I said trying to defend him. "So?" "I do know that he murders children!" She explained to me.

"Can you please stop?" I asked her annoyed. "Stop trying to save children from a murder?" "Ha!" "No" she said sarcastically.

"I need your help jack..." "please do this for me?" "For us!" "Peter too" she pleaded with me once again. I frowned, remembering our brother. 'Peter was our oldest brother'

'He would always be there for us' 'protecting us from our parents' 'once our parents died Peter took care of us'

'I missed him so much...' 'i know Dee dose too' I sighed then slowly started to cry. She started crying too. I couldn't see tears but I heard noises.

She then hugged me and slowly I hugged her back. We both just cried into each other's shoulders. I haven't hugged Dee in a while. I missed it....just like I miss Peter.

If only he was here to hug us too. Eventually, after what felt like forever she let go of me. I had stopped crying and it seemed like she stopped too.

POV by Dave:
'Dang....sportsy loves that puppet' I thought as I watched them hug from a far. 'Why though?' 'It's just some weird puppet' 'and for whatever reason it keeps glaring at me' I thought as I went back into the back rooms.

In the back rooms I quickly grabbed a chest. The last thing Henry gave me before....I slowly started to cry but I quickly wiped the tears away.

I opened the box and pulled out a red scarf. This scarf was my first victims. A little girl I believe she went by the name Dee.

I held the scarf close to my chest. I slowly fell asleep with it in my hands.

POV by jack:
I decided to go see what Dave was up too. It's been an hour and I think he's still in the back room.

'I swear if he is murdering children right now..' I thought as I quickly walked to the back rooms.

I opened the door slowly. Once the door was open I saw Dave. He was asleep on the ground. I smiled brightly at him.

'He's adorable when he's sleeping' I thought. I leaned over to see him closer. He was holding something. It was red. I quickly sat down next to him and grabbed what he was holding.

Luckily he didn't wake up, I looked at it. It was a red scarf......I slowly moved the fabric around. I found a small message written into it.

It was in white over the red scarf. 'To dee' 'I hope you love this scarf as much as we love you! From mom and dad' I immediately started to tear up.

' This was dees scarf...' 'when she was alive...' I thought as I held the scarf to my chest. I cried as I lay down on the floor holding the scarf.

'I can't believe Dave kept it...' 'why would he keep it?!' I thought angrily. I quickly got up from the floor and turned to a chest.

I'm surprised I didn't notice it sooner. It was open so I looked inside it. There was a bunch of toys and clothes. All that must have been from children.

'He kept there stuff?!' 'That Henry...' I thought as I shut the box. The noise was loud and it echoed through the room.

I looked over to see Dave stirring awake. I quickly got up and left the room. 'I couldn't let him see me' I thought as I brought the red scarf with me.

I quickly ran over to dee. She was inside her box again. Matt was standing around near the prize corner. I went over to my sister and showed her the scarf.

Her eyes widened and she started to smile. "My scarf!" She said happily taking it from me. She put it on around her skinny puppet neck.

She looked up at me curiously. "How did you get this?" She asked me. I started crying again. "....Dave" "I stole it" I told her sniffling.

She glared over at the back room doors. I turned to look at them as well. Like he heard me, Dave walked out of the back rooms. He seemed to be looking for something.

I quickly turned to dee. I grabbed her by the head and pushed her down into her music box. I then closed the box and winded it up. "Jack!" I could hear her yell but it was muffled.

"Shhh" I said to her. I turned over to Dave. He was standing right behind me. "Uh hi Dave" I said nervously.

"Hey sportsy" "have you seen a red scarf anywhere?" He asked me. I kept my hands on the music box. "Nope!" "Sorry" I said quickly.

He frowned then walked away. I could hear him yelling at phone guy. He probably thought he stole it. I let go of the box.

Dee quickly opened the box and stuck her head out. She glared at me. "I'm sorry sis" I said softly.

"I don't care if Dave sees that I have my scarf!" "If he tries to take it back....he's gonna feel my wrath" she said scowling. "Calm down dee.." "just be careful alright?" I asked her softly and nervously.

She nodded to me understanding. She went back into her box. I sighed in relief. The day was over.....today was a very emotional day but not as bad as yesterday.