𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟓

the first half of the day on the fifteenth dawn of the lakes was relatively boring. bar breakfast, there wasn't much to report on. that was, until an inquisitive frenchman asked his friend a simple question.

"charles," pierre asked, "what's going on between you and that girl?"

"adriana?"

"yeah, adri."

"none of your business," he responded, shoving past him with his shoulder. "don't get involved, pierre."

"huh? what did i do?" he shouted, chasing the monegasque, arms up in the air in disbelief.

"you're getting in my business! there's literally no fucking need!"

"oh, i'm sorry for wondering what was going on with my best friend! i won't fucking bother next time!"

this caught the crowds attention. all glancing in their direction, they analysed the verbal fight between charles and pierre.

"woah, woah, woah, woah, hold your horses! what's going on here?"

"don't get involved, russell."

"both of you calm it! you both seem angry,"

"you saying that makes me more angry!"

"well you're just mad, pierre! this isn't my issue, i was trying to be the bigger person and sto-"

"and stop us bickering? yeah, yeah, we've heard this all before. you're deluded, george. look what's happened now!"

"you're one to talk, charles, you were the one who snapped at me first,"

from that, it kicked off between the three drivers. soon, hailey and maeve attempted to calm the boys down by bringing logic into the equation. chucked out of the window by the boys, half of the camp were triggered by a pin drop.

dinner arrived, and with one of the cooks caught up in business, alex took over the temporary role as chef, helping olive in any way he could. adriana, georgia and lando also played their parts.

"dinner's ready, everyone. try to keep world war three over there and peace over here,"

surprisingly, the quintet kept quiet while eating dinner. they were giving each other death stares, but barring the elephant in the room they were okay. charles kept giving yearning looks to adriana, and she soon caught on he wanted - needed - alone time with her.

"i just wanted to say sorry to pierre and everyone for what i did in the argument. i don't know how but i was letting go of unknown pent up anger. i'm gonna go calm down for a bit."

"want some company?" adri asked, wanting to help him any way that she could.

"if you want to... i'm not too bothered,"

"you can rant to me before the third instalment in the world war series resumes. c'mon,"

the duo walked at a sluggish pace, reflective of charles' feelings. he got to the little beach, where they shared their first moment, and lied down, letting go of an exasperating sigh.

"why? why did he need to know what was going on between the two of us? i wouldn't ask him, why would he ask me? it makes no sense,"

"what? it was about us? and you got defensive?"

"uh-huh. it just pisses me off that he a) didn't even know your name, and b) that he needs to know every fucking detail. like, what's the poi-"

his sentence was cut short by adriana's soft kiss to his lips. kissing back gently, his arms slid around her waist, adriana kneeling on the pebbles in between his legs. he pulled back, swiping his thumb in a back and forth motion against her waist. now, sighing in content, he encouraged a bear hug from the girl. she immediately wrapped her legs around his body.

"my beauty." he mumbled against her clothing, pressing faint kisses along her neck and shoulder.

"what?"

"my beauty. that's bellezza mia means,"

"oh, my, fucking, god. charles insert middle name here leclerc i wanted to make sure that you do want me in human form, not liquid, as i think i'm melting over how sweet that is,"

a light rouge covered his cheeks. "i do want you in human form, my beauty." his hands gravitated towards her hair, making patterns with his fingers.

they stayed there, watching the moon rise, for a decent period of time. they returned to camp when maeve was cleaning up, with the american stating that they had all forgiven each other and they'll talk more in the morning. the wolfsburg player went to the cabin, leaving the inseparable duo alone once again. they waited a while to make sure that no one was awake, before charles walked adriana over to the girls' cabin.

"buonanotte angelo mio," he said softly, pressing a light kiss to her forehead, his hands holding her waist.

"will i ever find out what that means?" she asked, walking up the steps to go into the cabin.

"maybe," he smirked, winking at her. "sweet dreams,"

"sweet dreams, pretty boy."