𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟒

the sun decided to arrive on the lakes set bright and early, waking up all the participants in the show. it took a lot of convincing to get lando out of bed, as apparently he was too comfy and it was extremely early for his body clock. breakfast arrived earlier due to this, and as lunch was light, the producers decided it would be a good idea to set a challenge to the team. they all walked to the small clearing which they were directed to by the arrows set out for them, and alex took responsibility to read the note.

"hello, lakers. today you have a challenge which could cause some cracks in the group. each of you will choose a name out of the box, and that is the person you are representing, in a way. you are responsible to make sure that the egg with your 'chosen' laker on stays away from harm, and complete the mini trivia quiz based on your laker. if you manage to get 5 questions right, they get the reward, which is a small banquet instead of dinner tonight. however, if you get a question wrong you will get splatted with slime, making it more difficult for you to keep the egg safe. if you drop the egg, that person will be left alone in base camp with nothing but water and plain rice. in order to decide who goes first, spin the multi-coloured wheel. good luck, lakers, and don't make a yolk of yourself!"

"they're literally trying to split us up already, and it's what, day 4?" george declared, somewhat annoyed at what they were forced to do.

all of them walked up and select their names. adriana got george, pierre got charles and charles miraculously got adriana. hailey spun the wheel, and it landed on lando, who had olive. lando entered the little building, which had a tv screen built into the wall, with 3 boxes with buttons on top, labeled a, b, and c. the screen played through questions, and through guessing them, lando got the first 5 he was endured correct. he walked out, clean, and had a clean egg in hand.

"yes lando!" olive cheered. they both embraced, before the wheel was spun by lando. it landed on pierre.

unsurprisingly, pierre classed charles as his best friend, so got all of them right. it followed on with everyone who participated getting through, even if many were inevitably slimed, until it got to charles.

"what on earth," he mumbled, extremely anxious about this, as he only wanted adriana to get through more than himself.

he stumbled though the questions, quite literally, as the floor was covered in green goo. he got many wrong, causing the other lakers to get scared as to if he got a question wrong or not, or if he had broke the egg. unfortunately their gut feelings were right, as for one of the questions he was adamant and really certain he got it right, and the slime poured down the back of him. out of shock, he 'jumped', his hands reaching the top of his head, dropping the egg when trying to protect himself. charles endured the walk of shame, out of the room, and adriana's face dropped similar to charles did with the egg.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry. i was so sure that i got it right, and thought i heard a ding, but i obviously was hearing things, as the slime poured on top of me. i wasn't ready for it, so i was shocked and dropped it. i'm so sorry,"

"charles, don't worry about it," she said, hand resting on his shoulder, one lifting his chin up so they gained eye contact. "there'll be other opportunities for me to get something. we're really early into this, and i'm sure that there will be other treats along the way. please don't beat yourself up about it. people make mistakes all the time, and this time it just came with a consequence."

"thank you," he whispered, bringing the girl into a hug as she had already had her go and also had been slimed too. "if only pierre hadn't been chosen earlier. i would've asked him to drop mine so you could have some company."

everyone else had their turn, leaving adriana to be the only one in the main camp, after they all had showered and settled in. a bell dinged, indicating that adriana's meal had arrived and that the others had to go to their banquet.