Vol 3 Ch 7: I AM A DECOY?!

Start from the beginning

I looked over at Ayanokōji and said.
"I had fun today! If you want more books then I can recommend some to you at anytime!"

"Thanks."

After talking to him for so long I understood his personality. Despite looking gloomy. Ayanokōji was a nice guy. He just couldn't express himself.

"Hey Ayanokōji? Wanna exchange numbers? I would love to be friends!"

"Friends?" He tilted his head.

"Ummm..yes. Friends..." I was confused.
(Did Ayanokōji not have any friends before? So was he kinda like me but a little too gloomy?)

"Yes. I would like to be friends too."

I smiled at his response. Another friend for me!

We exchanged contacts and we said goodbye.

Ayanokōji pov:-

I looked back to where me and Hirano were talking a few moments ago.

He really meant it when he said that he wanted to be friends. I couldn't detect any lies from him.

Hirano Aki, I recently heard that he became the Vice-President. Does Nagumo have plans for him?

I learned alot about him. Although he is cunning and an opportunist. He is also carefree and a bit simple minded.

He isn't good at communicating with a stranger and is typically what people would call an "introvert", but he can talk alot when his favorite topics are involved.

In conclusion, he is a nice enough guy.

I looked down at my phone.
"Friends?"

It seems the number of friends in my life are steadily increasing.

Hirano pov:-

I had reached home and was about to lie down, when I heard the doorbell ring. I checked the intercom and saw a very familiar face.

"Horikita senpai!" I cried out of surprise. I immediately opened the door.

"Senpai come in!" I let him in and asked if he wanted tea.

"No need for tea. I have come to discuss something with you."

"W-With me?!" It's hard to keep my composure around him!

"It's about Nagumo Miyabe." When he said that, I knew it was a serious topic.
"The current Student Council President? What about him?"

He took a seat on my chair while I sat on the bed. "First. I heard about you becoming The Vice-President. Congratulations."

"Oh! Thank you!"

"However, I have to warn you. Nagumo  isn't someone you should trust..." Horikita senpai looked into my eyes.
"...So don't let your gaurd down."

"R-Right." (Was that all he was here to say?)

“This year, among the 1st years, three applied for a position at the student
council. Soga, Katsuragi and Ichinose. All three of them are promising, talented students but I ended up not letting them join. It’s precisely because their talents are so pure that I feared Nagumo would end up influencing them. But Nagumo gathered information behind the scenes and made contact with Ichinose and as a result, he forcibly invited Ichinose into the student council. Now he plans to do the same thing once more."

Now that was a big bombshell! It was surprising that Soga also applied for the student council but what was more surprising was the reason why they were rejected!