Chapter 15: Dark Dealings

Start from the beginning

Your mind was still foggy with confusion from not being able to move, a deep and rich voice that sounded much like Ron Pearlman from the 2004 "Hellboy".

Damn Aizawa and his obscene movie expertise.

Ah, (Y/N), a pleasure to...formally acquaint myself with you. It seems I have finally gained enough strength to converse with you. It echoed. But it didn't make sense. The water was still running, and you were in an enclosed space, so how -

Crazy, isn't it? Do not worry, you are not going insane. The voice reassured. Your eyes tried to widen, still to no avail. Your eyes were still trained on the eye, but there's no way -

Yup, that's me. Hold up, so it could -

Ya. Read your thoughts too. I might know you better than you do. Alas, there is no point in playing games with you, as we are supposed to be 'friends', as your mammal species call it. After all, we cannot live without each other.

Your jaw finally unclasped from its locked position, and you let out a breath of relief. Talking out loud was better than this...mental prison of sorts.

A prison? Feh, do not think so harshly and brash of me. Now, as I was saying... you have many questions going through your head, and thus I am here to answer them.

First of all, yes, I am the "parasite" the head doctor spoke of previously, even though the word detests me; I'm so much more than that. Paying close attention, it was almost as though the eye itself was slightly vibrating as it spoke throughout your skull. I have given you new life: without me, you would have already died, your body destroying itself slowly and painfully over time. You have your father to thank for that too.

I was also the voice that guided you with your first encounter with Umbrella Corp, that gave you the words to speak and put Umbrella in their place. I have heightened your instincts, strength, agility, and everything you needed.

On the other hand, I am in your debt, as you are in mine. When we came into contact, you became the perfect host so that I could take root.

"So you are a parasite?" You asked warily.

...

In a way...yes. I am a parasite. Attached to mainly your spine and your brain. If I wanted to, I could control your body full-heartedly, as I demonstrated earlier. But that is not my objective. I'm no hookworm or chickenpox; I have my own sentience. My intelligence is far beyond anything the world has seen before when it comes to such as a species as I.

Your mind is racing. Remember the old man? On the camera? He has a strand of the same parasite in you; the NE-α type. In other words, the same parasite as me. But the host and the parasite did not meld the way those scientists wanted them to, I could tell. What you saw of the old man was just the beginning. They will put him out of his misery soon before it gets worse.

Me on the other hand...I have evolved. To work alongside you, one hand on the steering wheel each. I've seen you grow, and I must say I am fully hooked to see where your story will lead. 

Speaking of leads, the USJ incident is still a mystery to you, so I shall explain. That creature you ran into; that was no ordinary thing. A reanimated carcass that reeked of death. I myself do not know how we spoke to it, but it must be something with how we are connected. f am still learning many things, believe it or not.

One of your arms against your own volition clasped around the shower faucet, turning it off while your other hand with the tentacle slid under the curtains, coming back shortly with a soft white towel in its grip.