chapter 16

After 8 years,

Walters,

It's been years, but every second feels like she's still with me, but the funny thing is that I don't even have   picture's of her , not even one, and to be honest, I never needed because whenever I see myself, I see her, and whenever I crave her warmth, her smiling face always appears in front of me. I couldn't bring myself back to my house for a year after she died.The hometown, the place where she lives in everything, every single thing. I was just not able to bring myself back. It was not like I was abandoning my family, it's just that I didn't want them to see me in that condition. They treated her like her own daughter and they knew how much I loved her from middle school. I stopped responding to their calls, messages, and even letters. But then I remembered what Crytsal used to say: "Christ, never leave someone behind who is close to you no matter what the situation is and who they are, because they are the ones who were part of your life and of that time, which was the most beautiful phase of your life. You know what Christ, I've always wished for someone to wait for me, for my response, to care for me, and to miss my presence; that happened after you entered my life, and I treasure these moments more than anything else.So if you have someone, don't just let them be the way they are and live your own life because you never know the other part of the story, the story of their life and emotions. "  I took my first leave and went back home. My family was very happy and never once showed or made me feel the absence of Crystal. They just wanted their son after they lost their daughter.

I started visiting home on my holidays and responded to them. In between, Joe and Jenny got married, and when I visited their wedding, Jenny seemed sad, and when she saw me, a rush of guilt flashed on her face. I treated her like my sister, just like the way Crystal used to do. I never once blamed her for what happened with Crystal, but then again, Jenny made herself the reason behind her death. After the wedding, I took a moment and talked to her, "Hey Jenny, Benny, baby sis, still you are seeing yourself as the reason for her death huh. Jenny Trust me, if she sees you right now, she will be very upset because you are doing exactly what she told you not to do.Listen, what had to happen has happened. We can't turn things back. If we could, then I would have been the most happiest person amongst us. I think you know this better than me right. "

"You know, Chirst, I never thought my sister would be this lucky to get a man like you, and I understand what you are saying, but due to my own insecurities, I treated her the way she never deserved and she even gave up her life because of me. But Christ, you know, life is very long and you can't live it alone. You are not even of that age where you can spend your life alone. So why don't you consider marrying; we all know you're married, but you also know the circumstances".

"Jenny, no matter what the situation was, the thing that matters is that Crystal was my bride and she always will be my wife. It's not like someone else will replace her or I am afraid of my feelings that it will change. Jenny I never thought about anyone else, nor in the past, nor in the present, and about future jenny,  I don't think it will be needed because she is always with me. I never felt the urge or need to be with any other girl, and it's not out of loyalty towards my wife but because of love, which I will not be able to give anyone else. The place they expect to have and deserve too, i will not be able to give them because it's already filled with my wife. But thankyou and please take care of yourself and my baby brother, and if anything happens, then you know your big brother is always there.''  With that, I went back to my duty with my wife in my heart.

After that, many things happened. I was deployed to other places on different missions, due to which I missed my two friends' weddings, Steve and Zack. But Max didn't get married and when I asked the reason, I was happy as he honestly told me the reason, "Walter, I tried but was not able to find someone like Crystal and trust me man, I will not be able to give any other girl the thing which she really deserves.And you know Christ in what way I am saying. "  And trust me when I say I never felt wrong or dissive by his feelings towards Crystal and what he said. I totally understand that he was talking about the feelings and emotions that he felt around her, but yes, he never crossed his boundaries and never told Crystal about his feelings. But again, about whom we are talking here, my smart wife, she knew his feelings but never confronted him because she respected his privacy and secrecy. So now you know how much Max and I are alike.

It has been 8 years since her death and 3 years since the marriage of Jenny and Joe. Now she is expecting and they both want me there on behalf of her sister, but I think I would not be able to visit them this time due to my new mission. It has some complications and being the seagerant, I had to be here. But I tried my best to visit them, but the day I thought I would write them the letter about the mission ,was the day we had to start our mission. The mission which we had to start after two weeks , we have to start now due to an emergency and unexpected attacks.

Lara Walters pov

The door bell rang and I went to open it, but when I saw 2 men in military uniform, my heart beat started to increase its speed and I was praying that it should not be the news that I was thinking about, and my tears were just about to come, but when I got the letter and when they said sorry, the letter fell to the ground and I too, Now there was no need to open the envelop because I knew what it meant as we were not able to get a hold of Christ for the last month and my tears were coming down without stopping. First I lost Crystal  and now my son. I was sobbing and by the time two hands held me, everything went black.

Patrick Walters pov

I was in my study and was coming to the living room to see my wife because ,because of not getting information from Christ for the last month, she was not feeling okay and was stressed, but when I saw her sitting on the ground sobbing and two men in uniform kneeling down in front of her, I went to her and when I saw the envelop beside her, I knew what that meant. With my shaking hands, I opened that envelop and it said- 

Mr. C. Walters was found dead with his group in the tertiary blast.  

I would like if  you can take a moment and vote and comment and read this 👉♥️👈