chapter 15

Walters,

It's been way too long, as Crystal hasn't returned yet. I excused myself and saw Joe was also alone and Jenny was not with him. So we went outside to search for both of them when I saw a crowd in the middle of the road. We went there assuming they must be there to know if anyone was hurt, but when we reached there, I saw Jenny sitting in the middle of the road shaking and tears were coming but she was not responding to anything. When I saw on her lap, there she was, soaked in her own blood. Her white dress, which made her look like an angel, was now painted red. And the next thing I knew, I was sitting outside the OT, hugged by a trembling Jenny, while everyone else stood around waiting for the doctor.
A man came out of OT and I rushed to him with others to ask how she was doing.
"Doctor, what about my wife? Is she okay? Nothing major happened, right?"

"Mr. Walter, we tried our best, but we can't assure you with anything as she lost way more of her blood, but she wants to meet her sister right now, so please let her go inside as we can't be sure how long she can fight."

"then Why even did you took charge of her if you are unsure about anything?If anything happens to my wife, trust me, I don't know what I will do. " I told him while grabbing his collar when Steve and Zack came to free him from my grip.

Crystal,

The way the doctor was looking at the monitors, I knew what that meant, and then I told him to call Jenny, as I wanted her to know that she was not the reason behind this and that Mary loved her more than her own life. And after some time, I saw her enter the room with her head low. When she looked at me, I motioned for her to come sit near me.

"Hey, Jenny Benny, you are okay. You are not hurt anywhere. Just tell me and I will make sure that person never sees the light of day outside". I asked her while making her look at me. She just stayed that way, her eyes full of tears, which pained my heart because I never wanted tears in her eyes, and that too was because of me.
"Jenny, you know, Mary told me why she never remarried when she had that option, and you know why because she doesn't want you to be left alone and that you don't have to share her with others. She wanted to give you all the love she had. In fact, the love your father would have given you, she wanted to give you that as well. And for me, Jenny, you are the best thing that happened. I got to have such a cute baby sister who is too pretty. You know how much I like to protect you and look after you. And the thing about Mary treating me better than you and your friends, well, your mother is way to kind to love me, but you are irreplaceble and your friends , they're just attention seeking babes, right?"
With this, I hugged her and asked her to send Christ in, and she just ran after that. And after some time, I saw him coming inside with a smile and eyes filled with tears.

"Hey husband, How are you?

"Fine, how are you feeling?"

"Amazing, and why not, I'm your wife now."And with that, I patted my side for him to lie beside me and he did that. "You know what Christ, I always thought after mom's death that  will i get someone to cry on my grave after my death''. And with that, I felt his grip on me getting tighter. Though it hurt my wounds, I placed one free hand on his head as he placed his head on my chest, and I placed my hand on his hair and started stroking it and continued. "I always thought I'd be a lost soul after death, but when I met Jenny and Mary, I thought maybe it could change, maybe I will have people who will cry for me, remember me as a good memory that happened in their life, but then things happened, and those feelings faded, and then I met you.You gave me a mom, a dad, a little brother and even crazy friends who are looking at us right now from the door, but you know what you gave me that is more precious than my life? That is you. You gave me yourself, you gave me the warmth, the love which I also didn't know I carved for and which I got to know after I met you. I loved you from the day when we were talking on my mom's grave and you gave me the warmth of home when you hugged me. But I was scared that maybe you don't have the same feelings for me, but today, today I am the happiest wife."  And after a pause, I finally said, "Christ please, Remary, after I am gone, please make sure you keep your heart open for the perfect girl who can live more."  By now my pillow was wet and my clothes as well. I knew he was crying, but I had no more strength to even make myself stop crying. I was about to say when he said, That made me cry more. "Please don't go. Please, I don't know anything without you. What will I do without you? Mrs. Walters, please don't leave me behind. Without you in my life, I will be a lost soul."  And with that, his grip started getting tighter and mine started getting weaker. As everything went black, I was not able to hear his words clearly.

I would like  if you can take a moment and vote and comment and read this 👉♥️👈