Horsing around

The first rays of the morning sun gently caressed his eyelids. Raq scrunched his eyes and decided to wake up. He felt contented watching the love of his life sleeping so peacefully in his arms.

It was pure bliss. She had snuggled up closer when the sun's rays disturbed her sleep. Raq chuckled and moved the stray locks of her hair away from her beautiful face.

He bent down to shower her with kisses, “Waking up next to you is the best part of my day. Showering you with kisses, feeling you snuggled tight against me, I never want to let you go.” She woke up to his kisses. A small smile played on her face as she adored her handsome boyfriend in the morning sun.

On the Rocks, the hotel they had chosen was a property built in traditional Aegean Cycladic architecture. Their balcony had a  breathtaking view, and the veranda overlooked the Caldera and the sea. They had a fantastic time last night in the jacuzzi.

The memories brought a slight blush to her cheeks, making her seek refuge in the comfort of his chest. He chuckled and picked her up bridal style for their shower. He winked at her, "Let's have a shower together, baby. We will save time and water both." She swatted his chest but held onto his neck like a koala.

After their Greek breakfast, they got ready for the day. "Baby, your idea of outdoor activity is horse riding? Like, isn't it dangerous?" Shams said to Raq. He gave her a 100 watts dazzling smile and said," Oh, it's fun. I've not done it in so many years. Who knew they had stables near the beach?"

Raq was tying his shoes as he sat on the patio outside the villa. "I can drive a car, ride a motorcycle, but a horse? Nope. Are you serious, Bapat? Raq stood up and faced her, "You will have an amazing time, trust me. And I am always there with you if something happens, right? I have done horse riding before, so calm down. It's not that dangerous, babe. I have hired a trained professional who will always be with us for your safety."

Shams was getting convinced by his monologue. " I know you won't let anything happen to me ever, baby. And yes, I will go on this horse ride, but only for you."

She pulled him closer by his shirt and hugged him tightly to herself. He, too, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, saying, "Aww. Thank you. That's so sweet of you. Call abhi ready ho ja we have to be there in 15 minutes." Saying OK, she quickly pecked his lips and ran to change into a cowgirl outfit. He had bought them for her from the local market they visited.

Reaching the stables, Raq filled out some forms while shams enjoyed a refreshing drink provided by the staff. Shams drooled over her boyfriend, who was looking like a cowboy in his hat and long boots, suitable for riding horses.

His tousled hair shined from the sunlight that peeked from the French windows beside him. They wore matching outfits. He held a helmet in one hand, and he was fluidly filling up the forms with his other hand. He looked like he was born for horse riding.

He came towards her and extended his hand to her. She held his hand and kissed his cheek. He asked her, "Baby, Are you ready?" To which she just nodded her head while following him. The instructor introduced them to a beautiful brown horse. "He is Dawn". Raq ran his hand over the horse and touched his face. "We would like to ride this, please." He said to the instructor who led the horse out of his station.

He strapped her up in the safety gear and helmet. He checked the velcro twice as he wanted to ensure that she was secured. "You look ravishing, baby. Let's ditch this and go back to our room." He kissed her nose, and she chuckled like a schoolgirl. Shams said sternly, "Kamine. Stop it now. You were the one who wanted to do this, right? So we are doing this, Bapat."

They both walked toward the horse, and Raq picked her up from her waist to help her to climb onto the saddle. He steadied her when she was about to fall and encouraged her to try again. "Good job, baby. I am impressed," Raq said as she sat perfectly on top of Dawn. He, too, climbed on the saddle behind her.

Raq leaned closer to her and grabbed the bridle, with his arms caging her loosely on both sides. "I am loving this position a little too much now." He mumbled into her ears and placed small kisses down her neck from behind.

They were in their own little bubble basking in their love till the instructor came out with his own horse. Shams said, "Baby, behave. We are not alone." To which Raq just chuckled and leaned away from her.

Raq was a licensed rider, so he didn't need any instructions for riding the horse. He just called out "Dawn" while he jolted the bridle, and the horse moved forward. Slowly, the horse caught its pace and followed wherever the instructor took them. Shams was yet to adjust to the horse as she rocked left and right.

Raq kept a firm hand on her stomach to hold her in place. "Baby, would you like to hold the bridle?" He asked her over the wind blowing around them. She chuckled and said, "Are you sure? I don't think we would be able to go back in one piece if I did, Raq."

"I know you are very eager to learn new things. So, if you want to, I can teach you." She just nodded her head, and Raq showed her how to hold the harness. "Hold this." He said as he inched a little closer.

"Now straighten your back, try to run with his steps, his movements. In short, just go with the flow. If you try to resist it or avoid it, we both will fall off." Shams obeyed the instructions to the T. The pace of the horse was a little slower than before.

Raq gave complete control of the horse to Shams after he was sure that she would be able to handle it on her own. His one arm was still on her torso, which kept her steady on the horse. "So, how are you feeling now, baby?" He asked her. She just beamed in delight and said, "Amazing. Thank you for making me do this."

"We have reached the Caldera Beach, my dearies. Enjoy all these dunes offer you. Nature in this part of the island decided to go wild, creating unusual rock formations with impressive, wind-carved paths. Each of them is special and unique. Now take your time around here, and we will meet at this same spot in almost an hour." The instructor tried to explain to them as best he could in English.

They had a blast going along the beach hand in hand and playing in the clear blue water of the sea. Shoes were discarded near the beach chairs along with their gears. Shams took some fantastic pics of Raq as she was relaxing on the chair under an umbrella.

Raq pulled her to his chest as soon as he came out of the water. He kissed her like she wanted to be kissed as no boy had ever kissed her, soft and moist and hot and breathy, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment.

The heat rose in her cheeks as her tongue touched his, quick and electric and delicious, then firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within, seeking to chase down that elusive liquid lightning that reached through them.

Their moment was short-lived as the instructor/ guide returned with his horse. They tied themselves and got back onto their horses for the best part of their journey, which was yet to come.

Through the Santorini mountains, they admired the unblemished beauty of nature, taking in panoramic views of the Aegean Sea and the local culture. The view from the Caldera Cliff was astounding. The blissful moments of peace and serenity were all they needed to unwind.

Next, their path led them to the black beach of Eros, where they rode along the shoreline, dipping in and out of the water's edge. Both had a gala time while they took some amazing photos of the surrounding landscape. Shams and Raq appreciated the picturesque sand dunes all around.

Finally, they continued along a route that took them back to the stable, finishing their wonderful journey where they began but enriched with memories that will last a lifetime.