Chapter 8: Blacksmith

*Second person perspective*
It's been a day since Rudeus and Eris were abducted. Both of them were following his lessons now. You were allowed to skip the classes except for the magic ones. That left you with quite some free time, so now you stood facing off against 8 guards for practice as Ghislaine told you that it's important to know how to fight multiple foes at once. The guards wore their standard metal armour and were armed with swords. One ran at you, making a thrusting motion, but you deflected it to your right. You then brought your sword forward and hit the poor man on the back of his head with the pommel of your sword, knocking him out. Another one came at you, you dodged to the left and tackled him from behind. You then swung yourself around on your hands and pushed yourself off the ground. You then dropkicked the armed man on the ground, knocking the wind out of him which caused him to go unconscious. That left you with 6 more men. You created a bo with earth magic and waited for the men to strike. One behind you slashed at you and you deflected it with the back end of your weapon. You then turned around and hit him on his temple with the front end, blacking him out. Then two more came at you, one in front and one behind. You jabbed your polearm back, causing the man behind you to hunch over, due to the hit in his abdomen and then you jabbed forward, causing both men to hunch over. Then you put them both out of commission by hitting the back of their heads with your bo. Three left. One ran at you and you jabbed forward, but he backed up out of your reach. That's when you brought your bo over your head and brought it down hard onto the ground. You then took off with your left leg and caught your weapon mid-air. Your opponent didn't expect this at all and saw the end coming at him at incredible speeds. When your polearm collided with his face he was instantly knocked out. This left you with two more people. You took a wide swing at one and he ducked, but you aimed on his legs, toppling him over. You then quickly jabbed him, taking him out too. This left you with the only remaining guard. She took an overhead swing with her sword and you blocked with your bo. You then used earth magic to allow your weapon to break, surprising your opponent. You then used Protearmor to block her hit and stun her. You got behind her and knocked her out. You placed your hands on your knees and panted heavily. This was a nice relaxing activity. Definitely after what happened this morning. Lord Sauros who send Philip flying through the room and a GODAWFUL impression of a feline beastskin by Eris, that would be forever burned in your head. And not in a good way. Thanks Eris. you thought. That's when you heard clapping behind you.

You looked over and saw Rudeus, Eris and Ghislaine standing there. The first with his mouth wide open, the second with a beaming smile and the last one with a small smile. "Very impressive (Y/N). You learn quickly." Ghislaine told you. "Thanks, it's all thanks to your guidance." you told her. "And your hard work." she added. "Isn't (Y/N) just amazing?!" Eris said to Rudeus. He finally seemed to snap out of his trance. "Yes, he is, isn't he?" he responded. "(Y/N), would you mind sparring with Rudeus now?" Ghislaine asked. "I'mma take a break. Let Eris and Rudeus fight for now." you said, still panting. Then Rudeus and Eris started sparring, while Ghislaine was shouting instructions. It was clear from a glance that Eris had the upper had in this fight.

The magic classes went well. And the happiness Eris was radiating after she managed to make her first fireball was priceless for you. Rudeus was very surprised to learn that you too used incantation less magic.

That evening you saw Rudeus door was ajar and you took a peak. You was astonished to see him making a statue of a small girl with her long hair in two long braids. She also wore a robe, a witch like hat and a staff, clearly indicating that she was a mage. The dirty blonde boy was just finishing the staff. Not wanting to disturb his concentration, you knocked after he finished. "Yo (Y/N), need something?" he asked. You replied with: "Not anything in particular, just want to chat. So who's that?" You pointed to the figurine he just made. "This is Roxy. She was my magic teacher for two years. She's the one that taught me all I can do. I don't know where I would be without her." he said. "This Roxy girl really is something, huh?" you said, "Goodnight." "Goodnight." Rudeus wished to you.