Chapter 2: Lessons (Rewritten)

You were running away. Away from them. Away from the people trying to hunt you down. An arm tugged you forward roughly. 'Quick (Y/N)! We gotta go faster or they'll catch up to us!' said a woman holding your hand and running on front of you, practically dragging you along, loudly. She had the same features as you: grey skin, horns on her head, purple eyes and markings all across her body, with short dark grey hair put up in a low ponytail. You ran as fast as your little legs could carry you, taking over your mother slightly.

BAF!

She fell, tripping over a tree root and let go of your hand. 'Run! Run, my little boy! Don't let them catch you! I'll be fine!' she said as the men were already close by. She tried to get up and run further. WOOSH! A wet THUD followed by a scream of pain sounded. An arrow struck your mother's leg and she fell down. She cried: 'Go! Go! Run away! (Y/N)! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!'

You shot awake, your breathing hitched and quick: you were hyperventilating. Suddenly a sack was pressed against your mouth, causing you to go into a panic even further, but making you shrink the sack when you inhaled and expand when exhaled. 'Are you okay?' sounded a frankly worried low female voice next to you after you calmed down a bit. You looked around the room and remembered what happened the day before and eventually your eyes fell onto the source of the voice: a female beastskin with cat features in her mid to late twenties, with dark tan skin and grey hair and fur, a red eye - her other was covered by a white eye patch - and she wore a revealing top with dark jacket with fur around the edges over it, dirty green pants that reached three-fourth of her legs and sandals. On her left hip hung a katana like sword. She had a clearly worried look on her face. 'Yeah, I'm fine now,' you said, which reassured Ghislaine a bit. 'Okay. Come, it's time for your first training,' she told you. 'Really?!' you said and then slumped down. 'But why so eeeaaaarly?'
'It won't matter what time of the day it is for an enemy, nor will they wait for you to wake up.'
'That would make sense, I suppose.'
'Can you change by yourself?'
'Yes, I can.'
'I'll be waiting outside then.'
'Okay.'
And with that the woman walked out of the room and closed the heavy, wooden oak door behind her. You put on the clothes that a couple of the maids had already prepared for you, which existed out of a simple (F/C) shirt with short sleeves, leaving the markings on your arms and hands exposed, some long (S/F/C) pants and black boots that reached halfway up your shins with sturdy soles that gave you a lot of grip, although you had some difficulty with the laces.

After about 3 minutes you walked out of the room. 'You can already tie your shoelaces?' she asked, a bit surprised. 'Yeah, my mother taught me,' you simply said, lowering your head in sadness. 'I see. I shouldn't have asked.'
'No. No. It's fine.'
'I won't inquire any further into your parents then.'
'Okay.'
'Come, we have to pick up Eris too.'
'Why does she need to come?'
'I'm her bodyguard. Anywhere where she goes, I go and vice versa.'
'I understand. Let's get going then.'
And with that you walked in a random direction before Ghislaine stopped you. 'Her room is the opposite direction.' You then scratched the nape of your neck with an awkward smile. 'I guess I don't know the way so well,' you stated. 'Which makes sense. You've only been here a day,' the muscular woman said, 'speaking of which: how do you like it so far?' 'The bed is soooo comfy and the food is soooo good! I haven't slept or eating like that in ages!' you answered her. 'I see,' Ghislaine said, picking up the hint that you specifically avoided to talk about the inhabitants. 'What do you think of us?' she suddenly asked you, when you rounded a corner. You almost bumped into a maid that came to inform the family's bodyguard that Eris is ready. You both apologized to each other and continued your way. 'Us?' you asked her, thinking that she meant the two of you. 'Us as in the people that live here?' 'Sir Rodney seems like a nice guy, but a stern teacher,' you said. 'I see. He's indeed a nice man in private, but he takes his job very serious,' she told you. 'Oh, we're there.' The two of you stopped in front of a door that looked exactly like the other doors in this house, except for a little plaque made from nickel that said 'Eris'. Ghislaine knocked on the door. 'Who's there?!' the loud and obnoxious voice of a young girl came from the room. 'It's just us,' said Ghislaine. 'You can come in!' said the voice, like she could could deny her bodyguard entrance, which wouldn't be that wierd considering her status as nobility. The female beastskin opened the door and entered. You just waited outside and leaned against the wall.