Chapter 4:The Prince of Elsiera

Start from the beginning

I tried looking at them and check what's happening, I saw a boy standing near the window. We seem to be the same age. It looks like he's trying to find someone. I looked at him closely out of curiosity until our eyes met. Oh no! Did he notice me looking? I avoided his gaze suddenly and turned my head. Why did I do that?! Before I knew it, he was already walking towards me.

"Hey, little miss! Wanna dance?" He asked.

What do I DO?! Wait, does he even know me? I shook my head and was about to leave when he suddenly grabbed my arms and forced me to dance with him, I was about to call out for help but---

"Don't worry, just follow my lead. Well you see... people are trying to get me to dance with someone so can you do me a favor and act with me?"
He whispered on my ears.

"Ehh!?" I started to panic, but me? Dancing with someone who looks so rich? I don't even know. I just followed what he said. I might get in trouble if I don't anyway. And it's not like we can see each other's faces, I mean we're both wearing a mask.

"I see, you're good at dancing little miss... did you practice or something?" He asked me.

"Of course not! And please don't call me names!" I was irritated.

"Come on, I'm just teasing you."

Teasing?! I gave him a chance to dance with me and TEASING? That's totally not a good way to treat a lady. But... he has a nice voice and even though I can't see his face, he looks well-educated. A rich guy?! Maybe not. Are rich people always like this? Thinking they can solve anything using their money? They make a fool out of you and once they're done playing, they just throw you in the trash.

"Thanks." He lets go of my hand and waist then began to leave.

"Reanna! Here, I got some food for both of us." Rey approached me.

"Wow! It looks delicious! Let's eat." I say to him as I take my mask off and grab the food.

We enjoyed eating as we watched the performances that was prepared by the king's entertainers. They were all good, I was astonished by their amazing skills in performing.

"THIEF!!!" I heard someone screaming out for help!

"Everybody, please refrain from panicking and let the Royal Guards do the job!" One of the king's personal guards tried to calm down the audience. I saw the thief running pass behind me and I decided to follow him without even thinking.

"Hey, you! Stop!" A boy was also chasing after the thief. He's not wearing his mask, that's why I can clearly see his face. Great, now I'm not the only hero here. Now's not the time!

I found a shortcut to where the thief was going and I easily used it as a chance to catch him.

"Hahaha... Those fools!" The thief said.

I waited at the other side and placed my right leg at the way. Obviously, it's a trap for him to make him trip.

(Thud!)

Who's the fool now! I tripped him over and he fell on the floor. That was very dumb of him, now this is what you call low life people! I saw the boy behind him and---

"Frigerans Exarmatio!"
(Freezing Disarmament!)

Ehh!? A disarming spell that freezes and shatters the target's armaments; at the same time, it requires careful manipulation of mana to prevent direct damage to the target.
Mira-sensei once taught us about it, that guy... he sure is powerful! The thief was successfully captured. The queen's crown was redeemed afterwards. How was this guy able to steal the crown?