Tokio's shining angel was moved to the graveyard. He gritted his teeth as he refuse to have his progress be moved back to tile.14!

" I activate the Shining Angel's effect! When it is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard I can special summon 1 light monster with 1500 or fewer attacks from my deck in a face-up attack position! "

Glancing at his deck, Tokio then took out one of his monsters.

" I choose Spirit of the Harp and it would remain on tile 18 in attack position. "

[ Spirit of the Harp L4 800/2000 ]

After that, Tokio passed his deck to Yami to have it shuffled. He couldn't help but feel his mouth twitch. This kind of thing is inconvenient. Tokio then glances at Kaiba, he wishes that guy would create his duel disk sooner or later.

Tokio has a duel disk in his system storage but he didn't dare to take it out. It was a too advanced black technology in this era. And action duels aren't a thing here.

Yami then returned his shuffled deck and Tokio thanked him.

" I end my turn. "

Yami then drew another card.

" Draw! "

Tokio saw that he didn't use the unknown new card and instead picked up one of the cards in his hands.

" I set a level 3 monster on a defensive position. My previous monster would be placed at the bottom of my deck. I end my turn. "

Yami's current monster was in tile 22. Tokio sighed. The longer he spent his time thinking and worrying, it was now tiring him mentally. He stared at the tea on his side of the table wondering if he should drink it or not in front of Yami.

He wouldn't dare to do something on his beloved tea right?

" Draw! "

Tokio said as he picked up the cup of tea on his side of the table. Both Kaiba and Yami stared at him with indecipherable expressions.

[ Witty Phantom ]

" I summon Witty Phantom in attack position! "

Tokio didn't dare to look at their gazes anymore. He shouldn't be feeling ashamed of his actions! He just wanted to drink tea to soothe his heart and nerves!

[ Witty Phantom L4 1400/1300 ]

" I place the spirit of the harp at the bottom of the deck. I end my turn. "

Tokio's Witty Phantom was currently at the tile 22 the same place as Yami's set defense position monster.

" My turn, draw! I summon my level 5 monster in set defense position! My previous monster would return at the bottom of my deck. I end my turn. "

Currently, Yami's monster was in tile 27. They are just at the start of the game but Tokio was starting to get worried.

" Draw. "

[ Flash Assailant ]

Tokio frowned at the new card that he got from his deck. He was gripping his cup tightly. This is no good.

" I summon a level 4 monster in defense position. "

After he said those words, the ominous feeling grew stronger. To Tokio's surprise, Yami revealed a card in his hand. Tokio's face paled as he saw the familiar signature spell card of Yami. In this current time of Yugioh, players can activate spell cards on their opponent's turn.

'Ahh... I'm screwed!'

" I activate the spell card Sword of Revealing Light. Within your game rules, Spell cards that prevent monsters from attacking would be converted to the opponent player not allowed to move the current monster in its position! The Sword of revealing light makes the monsters cannot declare an attack for 3 turns! Convert it into the opponent player to forbidding them to move his monster for 3 turns! "

[ Flash Assailant, Darklord Marie ]

Tokio sighed as he stared at the 2 cards in his hand. He has made a lot of wrong decisions.

" ... I end my turn. "

Well, looks like the probability of him winning the game became lower. While Tokio was starting to feel depressed, Yami then started drawing his card.

" Tokio-san, you are a fair player. "

Tokio glance at Yami. He can see the Pharaoh smiling.

" I have encountered several people who have willingly cheated on the games, but you aren't among them. "

Well. He was aware of what would happen if he started cheating on the game after all. There was a punishment that he doesn't want to experience at all.

Instead of saying those thoughts in his mind, Tokio replied with what he came up with at the last second.

" Losing and winning is part of the game... Just like the life of the people...It has its ups and downs. But when it came to the game of life, people are afraid of death. It was in their instinct to live... to survive. Isn't it interesting that humans have come so far with their ideas and progress to cheat death? "

After he said those words, Tokio felt surprised with himself. Why is he saying those things? What has that to do with Yami's statement? It was different from what he intended to say! He was starting to feel confused and afraid at the same time. He then notices that he can't see Kaiba who was supposed to be watching them.

Yami revealed the monster card that he have just gotten.

".. A Kuriboh.. "

[ Kuriboh L1 300/200 ]

Tokio muttered distracted and afraid at the same time. He then watched as Yami placed the Kuriboh on the field from tiles 27 to 28. Tile 28 was a ladder tile. The longest ladder on the board.

[ Yami P 2950 → 6950 ]

" Tokio-san..those words that you have said earlier, it is the darkness in your heart. "

At the mention of that ' darkness in your heart quotes' Tokio unconsciously left his seat. What the hell?! When did they start playing a shadow game? He hasn't done anything wrong to trigger it right?! Tokio glared at Yami as he feel wronged in this kind of injustice.