Chapter 33 ~ The afterparty

Start from the beginning

"You won't hurt anyone, darling. I'll make sure of that. You only have to grant me, or Wanda, access to your mind, and we'll make sure to stop the visions before you lose control, at least until you learn to control them yourself," Loki proposed his idea.

"That would be great, thank you." Reyna closed her eyes and bowed her head. Loki, recognizing what she was doing, placed a careful hand against her temple and entered. Reyna stood on the other side of the shimmering glass-like wall with her hands pressed against it, creating a golden glow around them. She nodded to Loki, indicating for him to do the same. Taking the few steps required, he placed his hands against hers. The golden shimmer turned green, and a glittering pulse spread outwards. She had just let him leave his magical footprint on her shield, granting him access to her mind at all times. Reyna smiled at him, took a step back, and waved for him to follow her over the threshold. Loki took a deep breath and took a step forward. A light pressure against his chest was the only resistance against his entry. Reyna tapped him on the shoulder, pulling him back to reality.

"I trust you won't abuse the link," she stated sternly. Loki was, once again, stunned by the sheer amount of trust this abused woman had in him, and he discovered that he would rather die than betray that trust.

"I swear it," Loki promised.

"Great." Reyna looked at the clock hanging on her wall; 15:36. "Shit. We were supposed to be in the ballroom six minutes ago. Tony is going to kill us."

"We are the main attraction. It'll look planned. Plus, it's way more fun with a dramatic entrance," Loki reasoned.

"You're right, but we still need to hurry. Let me change. Then we'll go." Reyna stood from the floor, Loki following suit. She waved a hand over her body, then the other over her head and face. Loki watched as her black battle costume gave way to a flowy, almost celestial dress covered in moons, stars, suns, and zodiacs. The theme continued up her person, with a smudged navy eyeliner accompanied by pearls of different sizes around her eyes and sprinkled in her hair.

Loki could do nothing but stare. The woman before him held such beauty and grace he had never seen in any mortal woman. He had to restrict himself from catching her around the waist and fusing them together. Either that or kneeling before her. Actually, that was a fantastic idea. Loki sunk to one knee, keeping eye contact with Reyna before bowing his head. "My Queen."

"Oh, stop it. Get up. We have a party to attend," Reyna laughed as she swatted at Loki's head, trying to hide her blush. He laughed it off as he rose and offered Reyna his arm, which she happily took. They hurried out of Reyna's room and onward to the ballroom. A minute later, they stood in front of the big doors. They could hear murmur and Tony speaking on the other side.

"Are you ready?" Loki turned to Reyna.

"Always," Reyna smirked as she let her characteristic black smoke flow from her hands and dress. Loki smirked when he realized what she was doing. He joined his magic to hers with green glitter and sparks. The surprised yelps and confused sounds from the other side of the door confirmed that Reyna's plan worked. Tony must have noticed it, because he quickly wrapped up his speech and announced their welcome.

"Let's welcome the main characters of this evening, Loki and Reyna." Reyna let her smoke throw open the heavy door. They both gained a proud posture as they plowed through the sea of people. Cameras flashed like mad, but they didn't pay them any mind, keeping their heads forward and looking every bit like royals. The pair made it to Tony and the rest of the group.