Chapter 9

Aurora Diamonds' POV

I was with Kitty and Bobby at the outdoors gym and we were exercising. To be honest, for some reason they decided to run the entire athletic field until we become exhausted. But thanks to my powers, since my energy refills quickly, I don't get tired easily, which the others didn't think about before suggesting this race. After a while they gave up, I won, and then I started laughing.

Bobby Drake: I wonder how you're not panting for breath right now.

Me: I am, but I don't sound as loud as you.

Kitty Pryde: Are you using your powers?

Me: Well, yes and no...

Bobby Drake: That's not fair.

Me: It's not up to me.

Wolverine: It could be...but we will see about that another time. Go to the infirmary, they need you.

I left my friends and went to the infirmary immediately. When I entered, they brought Supergirl and she needed my help. I touched her hand and with my powers I managed to heal all of her injuries. She is a really strong woman and I know this because of the resistance her body keeps to succumb to my powers.

After I healed her, she woke up for a while but then fainted again. With all the information her sister gave me about Kara's nature, I figured out that besides the magnitude of my powers, she needs big levels of solar energy that will make her completely healthy. I found Hank and with his help, we created a machine and in conjunction with Alex's powers, it will emit solar energy to Kara. After we put the machine in use, I watched Kara who got better by the second. Professor X asked Alex and I to go to his office.

We knocked on the door and entered.

Professor X: I located a girl, who is from DC and she is in distress. She needs your help. I believe that it's better for Aurora to go, in case of an injury.

Alex Summers: In any mission there is a chance of an injury. What is happening exactly?

Professor X: The girl is named Frankie and Magenta is the personality who is taking over control when she is in distress. Right now, I am feeling that both of them are trying to take control. Magneto captured her and Magenta is trying to come to the surface. She is not good in contrast to Frankie. She can bend metal. I will send you the location immediately. Don't forget that there is a chance of Magneto being there.

Me: I think that we can handle him.

The professor nodded, he gave me all the information I needed about Frankie's life and we got ready for the mission. We put on our uniforms and took with us the handcuffs that mute powers, in case something goes wrong or we finally manage to capture Magneto.

When we were ready to go, someone called me in the infirmary, because they brought Evelyn and she was unconscious. Anna-Marie took my power, in order to help Evelyn and I can go to the mission.

We left and went to the location the Professor gave us. We saw an old building, which was ready to fall apart. We entered and found the girl locked in a cage, where she couldn't be able to escape. It looked as a strange technology, because it didn't mute her powers, but she couldn't escape.

Then Magneto showed behind us.

Erik Lehnsherr: I was certain that Xavier would send you. You are so predictable.

He said and tried to immobilize Alex with a piece of metal, but he melted it with his laser.

Me: Let's see if you like it.

I commented and threw a ball of destruction at him, but he dodged it.

Me: Havok, try to release Frankie, let Magneto to me.

He nodded and Magneto and I started to fight. We didn't end up in a hand-to-hand combat, but we attacked one another with our powers. At some point, I threw orbs of destruction repeatedly at him, which hit the shields he created around him. It seemed that he was starting to get tired.

Me: Let's see for how long you can keep going. I can do this all day.

I said with irony.

Erik Lehnsherr: I don't think that you have all day. Unless you don't care that your boyfriend will lose his head in a bit.

I turned around to look at Alex and Magenta who immobilized him; she put him in the handcuffs, which were supposed to be used on her. She was ready to hit him. I glared at Magneto, but I knew that I had to help Alex. Just like that, for one more time, Magneto escaped. I raised my hands and went to Magenta.

Me: Frankie, I know that you can hear me. We won't hurt you; we came to help.

Magenta: I am Magenta and if you wanted to help, you wouldn't try to steal my powers with these handcuffs.

Alex Summers: I didn't even try to put these on you.

She was about to attack him.

Me: Hold on! Don't betray your team now. Vanessa believes in you and I am sure that she is worried about you. We can help you get back to your friends.

She held back and in a few seconds we saw Frankie.

Frankie: Are you sure that you will take me to them?

Me: Yes, I promise. Can you let him go now?

Frankie: Yes, sorry.

Me: It's okay.

Alex Summers: Not completely. -I glared at him- I'm kidding, it's okay.

We took Frankie to Avengers' tower and went back to the Institute.

Me: Can you tell me how she managed to take you out?

Alex Summers: She seems small, but she is strong. I didn't want to use my powers on her.

Me: I see. Next time you can be more careful though.

Alex Summers: Sorry, I didn't want to let Magneto escape.

Me: I don't care about that!

Alex Summers: Then why?

Me: Because you were in danger, idiot! Sometimes you make me so angry.

Alex Summers: And the rest of the times?

Me: The rest of them you make me happy.

Alex Summers: Will you let me make you happy forever?

Me: You better.

We laughed, shared a sweet kiss and went to our posts. I went to the infirmary and luckily Evelyn's state was stable. I helped her heal fully and after a while she woke up. Luckily everything was peaceful for now.