chapter twenty: friends can hold hands

amber smiled as she watched taylor, nick, jake, danny, sam and josh tackle each other into the waves. their laughter loud, something that amber has grown to love.

they had been here for over two hours, and amber was slowly starting to fade — the salt water and cool air sending her into a sleepy daze.

amber looked down to her phone and continued to scroll through her feed, soon seeing a post from a magazine with her and josh on the front cover. 

'want all the fresh details about amberlynn thompson and josh kiszka? we have them.'

was what the caption of the post was.

amber scoffed.

they are never going to let this down, she thought to herself.

out of curiosity, amber tapped onto the link, and was instantly redirected to the article about her and josh.

'amber and josh can clearly be seen looking into each others eyes lovingly in this recent photoshoot. i mean, look at the chemistry!'

how many times do they have to say we have chemistry? amber asked herself.

'the pair were seen holding hands on multiple occasions.'

amber looked at the several photos in which paparazzi have snapped of them, each photo with her and josh's hands clasped together, fingers entwined.

'matching bracelets, how cute!'

the next photo was her and josh with their matching bracelets.

amber looked down to the bracelet on her wrist and smiled, remembering that day ever so vividly.

the article continued to elaborate on amber and josh, looking into their pasts and their possible futures with each other.

amber placed her phone down, and was consumed by her thoughts.

there was no denying that amber knew that josh was a great person, and she was certain straight from the start he'd most likely win her over with his looks and charm.

but with how close she has become with jake, she's conflicted.

amber knows that josh would be the best boyfriend and she'd love to be by his side. after all, he's already been such a great friend.

and she hopes that jake would be just as amazing, after all, they were twins, but unfortunately her thoughts were clouded when it came to him.

everything was so clear when it came to josh.

but with jake it seemed... uncertain.

with how the public has been 'shipping' amber and josh, it's encouraging her more to go josh's way, but each moment she has alone with jake makes her want to have more moments alone with him.

her and josh's relationship would be so open, and amber was afraid that with the public seeing so much of the two of them, maybe it'll break them apart?

but no one would know of her and jake's relationship, and it'd be nice to have something private in her life.

yet she knows that she'll just have to wait.

whoever makes a move first.

but who knows how long it'll take with those boys.

amber looked up to see josh approaching her.

"hey." she said with a smile.

"hi." josh said plainly.

right, he's still mad at me. amber thought to herself.