chapter three: are you single?

"so, we were thinking," josh started as the group walked down the sidewalk, "we should walk around the city a bit after we eat, get to know each other!" he said excitingly.

"that sounds like fun." amber said, smiling.

the group entered the small café and were seated at a table outside that overlooked the brisbane river.

josh was sitting next to amber, and jake was across from her, danny sitting next to him, leaving sam on the end of the table.

"so, tell us a bit about yourself." josh said, smiling over to amber as he always does.

amber looked over to each of the boys, watching as they looked over to her curiously.

"w-well i'm from australia — perth more specifically." amber began nervously, "i have a younger sister, and i have a dog back at home called fraser." she said.

they boys stayed silent as they waited for her to continue, though she didn't know what else to say.

"ummm, i can't really think of anything else." amber said, her cheeks turning red as she chuckled nervously.

sam smiled up to her as he poured himself a glass of water.

"what breed is your dog?" sam asked sweetly.

amber smiled.

"he's an australian shepherd." she stated.

"do you have a photo?" sam then asked, and amber pulled out her phone, showing him her lock screen that had fraser on it.

sam smiled as he looked to her phone, before amber pulled her phone back to her.

as amber looked back to her phone, she saw she had gotten a message, and she felt embarrassed that sam may have read over it.

dad
how are those greta boys?
are they as attractive as the
ladies say they are?

amber shoved her phone back into her pocket and decided to reply to the message later.

"cute dog. can't wait till we can meet him." sam said, smiling warmly over to her, and amber smiled back to him.

"sam has a dog too... rosie." danny said.

"oh really? we'll have to organise for them to meet." amber said eagerly.

"of course." sam said, smiling.

the waiter arrived and everyone looked down to their menus, quickly ordering before having to wait patiently for their food to arrive.

"so amber, are you single?" josh asked suddenly.

danny chuckled to himself, trying his best to not laugh, whereas sam almost spat his drink out.

"uhh, i am." amber said awkwardly.

"just asking for a friend." josh said simply, leaning back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest as he looked over to jake.

"well i don't really have the time for a relationship." amber stated, "music is probably the love of my life." she then added.

amber looked up to see jake smile to himself.

"same here." josh said as his sipped on his straw.

jake's smile then faded.

"you're so weird." danny stated, watching josh.