Threads Interweaved

Depuis le début

"Singulari-

-0-0-0-0-(Chaldea)

"Boring!" Jack, who sat in her lap by the bed, shouted, bringing Ritsuka out of her storytelling and interrupting another occupant who layed on the side of the bed with a book in hand.

"The good part was about to come, Jack!" Ritsuka spoke, patting her head.

"Mommy dragged the story too long!" The assassin servant argued.

"I'm regaling it like a story!"

"Wrong! Mommy is regaling it like a novel! Alice told me the difference!"

"Gghk!" Ritsuka brought a hand to her chest, "My own daughter is outsmarting me...." She said in mock hurt.

"She's a smart child." Kevin commented, not glancing away from the book that he borrowed from Andersen. "Little Mermaid" was the title of the book. And while he wasn't one to read books, he found himself bored waiting for Jack to leave.

"She definitely did not get those brains from me." She sighed, pitying her own self despite that fact that the little ripper wasn't her biological daughter. She was too young to even have a child.

"Neither do they come from mine." The Saber-class servant replied.

"But Jack is mommy and daddy's daughter. Daddy and mommy is our parents!" Jack answered proudly.

Ritsuka cooed, hugging Jack who leaned into her more while having a pleased expression.

Unknown to them, Kevin stopped his reading to look at the two cuddle, a frown forming on his face not out of anger or annoyance, but out of envy.

Suddenly the alarm clock paced on top of her drawer near the bed rang. Kevin, which was near it, pushed the button of the clock, stopping the noise it made before returning his attention to the book.

"It's dinnertime" He relayed

"Alright then" She stopped her cuddling, " Jack, why don't you go to the cafeteria before us? We'll catch up."

"Uuuuuu...." The child contemplated, "Okay mommy! We'll be going now!" With that she ran out of the room, while shouting something about "bow mommy".

With Jack out of the room, Ritsuka sighed and raised her arms high up, stretching them to rid of the small fatigue they built.

A creak on her bed drew her attention, and before she knew it, a pair of arms sneaked around her waist before wrapping itself. And in a single second, she was hoisted off her position and into the lap of her servant, back leaning against his chest.

"H-Hey, what's with you?!" She yelped out, surprised at his actions.

He made no reply, his hold on her firm while he nestled his chin on top of her head.

"Wait... Are you jealous?" She asked.

"Yes" Was his reply

"You shouldn't be jealous of a child!"

"No, I'm jealous because you're not giving me enough attention." Blunt and direct was how he always talked. Ritsuka knew that because of what he experienced in life, he became cold and untrusting of people.

Though she didn't expect him to be touch-starved, but the dream cycle explained to her in the form of his memories. She wanted to help him, even if it went as far as them falling in love.

Ritsuka would be here for him, just as she knew he would be there for her.

"I'm glad I met you, Ritsuka." In a rare moment, Kevin spoke first earnestly, contrary to his past behaviour.