𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: confusion

"do you want coffee?", i asked jake who was currently fixing his tie in the mirror

"do you want coffee?", i asked jake who was currently fixing his tie in the mirror. "i'm so sorry, love. something urgent came up at work and i need to go.", he replied.

"seriously?", i sighed and turned towards him. jake only pecked my cheek and tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear. "i already transferred some money on your bank account. maybe go out with your parents or heeseung and let's drink coffee later together, hm? if anything happens, just call me. again, i'm really sorry."

"but there was something i wanted to discuss with you..."

"hyewon, let's discuss it later, alright? i love you, but i need to go now. take care of yourself, understood?" i just nodded and continued making breakfast.

"see you later, love!"

he actually stayed for a moment and waited for a reply, but quickly left after he knew nothing was about to come from my side.

i took my cup of coffee and sighed. "and what exactly am i going to do now?"

———

"this is so cool! my sister's name is yeji, too! what a great coincidence, right?" sunghoon giggled and jumped around the young woman. jay sighed and shook his head in disappointment: "hoon, please. get a grip."

jake and heeseung sat on the chairs, looking at the scene in front of them. "so, what do we do?", jake asked the older one. "i think we should let her go. she told us the truth, she's not after us, but the diamonds that were stolen by their enemies."

"have the nakamuras responded yet?" heeseung nodded: "five minutes ago. they confirmed yeji's alibi, so she's practically good to go. if another family can confirm a case, i think that's enough prove."

"one last question."

jungwon slowly stepped towards the girl who was still tied up on the chair. "why was your brother after our boss and what was your purpose in targeting lee hyewon as well?"

yeji scoffed: "firstly, those are two questions. secondly, what makes you all think i'm going to answer that?"

"because you are daddy's favourite child who knows everything about missions. i'm getting impatient, i want to know why you targeted my friend. it absolutely makes no sense."

he suddenly put the weapon on her forehead: "don't think i'm afraid to shoot you, nishimura. after all, i wasn't afraid to slaughter the majority of the people yesterday."

"jungwon, that's enough." jake demanded.

yeji grinned: "no worries, i'm not afraid to die. but if you shoot me, you won't find out the reason."

"won, stop it. seriously. i don't want blood all over my carpet.", jake sternly said and observed his friend. eventually, he gave up and only proceeded to kick yeji's chair.

"hyewon was just a way to get closer to sim jaeyun. riki's mission was to take him down, i think because our father could have used jake's father then. but congrats, he failed the mission because of those smart heads of yours.", the girl suddenly spilled.

"since your mission failed in the first place, can you... like tell your family to stop harassing us?", sunoo rolled his eyes at her, "seriously, all you do is bothering us to the max."

"i guess once i'm back in japan, i'll make sure to keep distance from you. the six of you literally disgust me.", she spat, "now let me go, i can't stand being here any longer."

sunghoon sighed and untied her: "farewell, my sister. and don't disturb us anymore, do you understand?"

yeji fixed her hair and pointed at him as she looked around: "is he always like that? if so, i feel quite sorry for you guys." with that, she exited the building through the window.

jungwon frowned: "we're on the 20th floor! and she just... jumped? i can't even see her anymore, it's like she disappeared! vanished! gone!"

jay and sunoo looked at each other before shaking their heads. "why am i here?", sunoo whined.

"hey, how's hyewon doing by the way?", heeseung suddenly asked jake. "oh, she's doing perfectly fine. as predicted, your uncle got some bodyguards for her and to be honest: they're scaring the shit out of me!"

"can we call her? she's alone right now, right? maybe hearing our voices will cheer her up!", sunghoon beamed after he cleaned up.

of course jake agreed. he would love to know what his love was up to as well. but to his surprise, his call was cut off immediately.

'the number dialled is currently unavailable.'

"maybe she's sleeping?"

"at this hour?"

heeseung also shook his head: "hyewon isn't the type to do naps throughout the day because she always gets enough sleep at night. meaning a nap would be unnecessary."

jungwon took a seat on the couch: "then why isn't she available?"

jake shrugged and proceeded to call her driver. "uhm, hi. haruto, right? i've been wondering where hyewon could be since she doesn't pick up the phone. you're also one of the people who have seen her recently, i mean you drove her to my place after all. you know?"

"does he always talk like that?", sunoo furrowed his eyebrows, "where's professional sim jaeyun?"

"all right, thank you very much. i'll see you around then! have a good day!" jake ended the call with a heavy feeling on his shoulders. this didn't make any sense, he saw her this morning. where could she have gone?

"this doesn't sound good. i'm calling one of the bodyguards.", heeseung pressed his lips together. he also knew something was going on, but he believed it couldn't have been the nishimuras. why would they even be after hyewon? they wouldn't be willing to try to redo their mission after all.

"jeongwoo, it's me. listen, did hyewon leave the complex today? i was just wondering because i can't reach her at the moment." the eldest put his phone on speaker so that the others in the room could listen as well.

"i apologise, mr. lee. the young lady strictly forbid me from spreading any information regarding her current location. there is nothing i can do right now except for waiting till she comes back."

heeseung rolled his eyes: "is she doing okay at least?"

"i believe so, mr. lee. now if there is nothing else you'd want to know... i'll hang up now. have a good day."

jeongwoo hung up immediately after. the six boys looked at each other, everyone had a confused face and remained silent because they didn't really know how to react to the call.

until jake eventually got up and threw his phone out of anger: "locate hyewon, right now."

———
𝗈𝗁