𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: operation getting you back

jake ruffled through his hair and sighed frustratedly as he looked at his best friend next to him: "what the hell just happened?"

"that was your answer to what happened when hyewon vanished.", sunghoon grinned.

"you mean to tell me she and him.."

"..were a couple in japan! until her parents dragged her back to korea."

"why must she always pick the dangerous ones?", jake groaned, "it could've been a normal japanese guy from next door, now we have the son of dad's enemy around her!"

sunghoon was amused by his friend's behaviour: "it seems like the prince is kind of jealous, huh? what are you planning to do? kill him?"

"don't be ridiculous. he's a brilliant sniper and you know that. nishimura is able to shoot me before i could even feel the wound."

jake shook his head when the picture of himself covered in blood shot up in his mind. nope, not risking anything.

"jaeyunie, let's just continue shopping. i heard you broke a lamp in the office the other day!"

"who told you that? this was supposed to be a secret!"

———

"we've been in so many shops already! and you really don't want to buy anything?", riki asked me as we exited the jewellery. i shook my head and shrugged.

"i think it's way too expensive here. i don't want you to leave korea with an empty wallet."

"you're exaggerating. wait here, i'm going to get us ice cream!" he sat me on a bench and jogged away.

"riki!", i called after him, but he didn't even budge to turn around. "great."

as i waited for him to come back, jungwon suddenly sat himself next to me.

"hyewon! what are you doing here?"

"what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to work?"

"sunoo and me decided to spend lunch break here. i'm friends with the owner's son!"

"you're friends with jay? i didn't know! and where's sunoo?"

right before he could answer, sunoo and riki came back with ice cream in each of their hands.

"oh? hyewon, you're here too?", sunoo asked, a smile on his face as he gave jungwon one of the cups.

"oh, you're friends with hyewon? that's great! may i introduce myself: i am riki."

"eh?", jungwon raised his eyebrows as he looked alternately at the two of us. "did i miss something? won has a boyfriend?"

"yah! just because we're overworking, it doesn't mean you should keep this here a whole secret!", sunoo scolded me before he shook riki's hand politely: "we are sunoo and jungwon, hyewon's best friends!"

since the two of them were having a conversation, jungwon tapped my shoulder: "what exactly is going on?"

"riki arrived in korea today, so we decided to spend the day together. just know he's a good guy! we met before already, i'm going to give you all the details later... or someday."

after sitting together and talking to each other as well as catching up on news, sunoo and jungwon eventually left earlier because lunch break was almost over. riki and me decided to head home with heeseung shortly after.

———

"where are they right now?", jake barged into the room where jay was seated, eyes completely fixed on the monitor in front of him.

"the tracker is moving. they're probably on their way home."

sunghoon entered the room as well, laughing and chuckling on his own.

"it's been a while since we were in here! did anyone of you clean up a bit?"

the two j's ignored him smoothly as they looked at the monitors. "jake, why are you so tense by the way? it's not like hyewon is going to leave korea anytime soon.. again.", jay suddenly asked his friend.

"i know, i know.", jaeyun sighed, "it's just... i didn't know she spent time with that brat when she left. and it's frustrating to see her distancing herself from me again! i want to know what she's up to, i want to know that she's doing fine. even if it has to be from miles away."

"oh? what is going on here?", sunoo came in, a sandwich in his hand.

"jungwon put a tracker on hyewon when you four were in the mall. your little boss here seems to have a plan."

"what?" sunoo gasped and looked at the three boys in front of him: "we're back in the game? just for hyewon?"

"firstly, why are you eating outside of your lunch break? secondly, why are you so excited?" jake groaned and put his hand on his forehead: "this is driving me insane."

"i feel like we are less of a mafia group, but more like peak comedians.", jay commented, "they arrived home by the way."

"great! thanks, man."

"sunoo, where's jungwon?", sunghoon asked his colleague. "oh, he's checking the weapons right now. something about 'back in business, we need to be prepared'.", the other one shrugged mindlessly.

"we're not holding a gun onto nishimura's head, i am stating this clearly now." the rest of the boys nodded.

"i only want to create a plan to get rid of him. this is my territory after all, so i don't see a reason why he should stay here near us." jake sighed as he observed sunoo's sandwich.

"but if you want to get hyewon back, you should create another plan to change your shitty behaviour.", sunghoon backfired, "you may have the title 'mafia prince', but not 'prince of hearts'".

"jungwon, you and me should sit together and work on it! the rest could figure out how to send riki back to japan. even though he seemed very nice to me. are we sure it's the right nishimura?", sunoo beamed.

"sunoo... there's literally just one japanese and famous family in the upper class whose surname is nishimura.", jay exclaimed as he was typing something into the computer, "seems like he's staying at her place for a while. not for long though."

sunghoon hit his shoulder and laughed: "our jjongsaeng is in such a good and funny mood!"

jake cleared his throat and fixed his blazer before he grabbed sunoo's arm and left the room. "let's get into it, huh?", he warmly smiled at his employee.

———
is this considered a plot twist?