Scene Eleven: Not Friends, Family

Start from the beginning

Remus looked over at his daughter who was wearing the same sweater as he was right now under her robes. She pulled it closer as if remember a difficult memory. 

"Let's go" She smiled. 

~~~

It only took the three walking around the isle for five minutes to find Hagrid which in turn led them to Hermione. "Hi Hagrid." Geneviene said enthusiastically despite her deep distrust of the man. Hagrid wasn't bad not by a long shot, but Dumbledore had saved him from Azkaban so now he basically worshiped the man. 

Neville looked up at the large man, fear clear on his face. "'Ello Gen, Whose Yer friend." He greeted cheerfully. 

"This is Neville." 

Remus ran up pretending to be out of breath, "Please, don't, run off." He huffed, "Hi Hagrid." 

Remus looked up eyes locking with the small girl at his side, and he froze.

This action caused everyone to remember that Remus had lost so much eleven years prior to this and seeing Hermione all grown up was probably a huge gut punch. 

Vivian grabbed Remus' and knowing she won't be able to soon. Remus stiffened at the actions but squeezed her hand and she did so to. 

"'Ello Remus, this is Hermione." 

Despite his better judgement the young man glared up at Hagrid with his amber eyes and snapped, "yeah I know." 

The man to a deep breath and calmed himself as Hermione started at him, "You know?" 

Even Hagrid looked shocked, "Ya Don' know?" She shook her head, "Remus 'ere is yer godfather." 

Her eyes widened, "Wha-" Sher voiced died in her throat. 

Geneviene Recognizing the sings of panic looked to her father, "Can we go take her to play for a moment."

Remus nodded and held Hagrid back as Geneviene ran Hermione into Flourish and blotts pulling Neville along. "Neville," She whispered to him before racing off in the store. 

"Why would you leave her like that," Lily panicked sitting up in her seat. James pulled her back. 

"Neville and I have known each other since we were little kids, he handles my attacks pretty well so i knew he could handle Hermione's as well." Gen said once again playing with her wacky track. 

"I'm a bit slow by why aren't his parents with him?" Severus asked. 

The 90's marauders all looked at one another solemnly, Rowan placed a hand over her mouth, Alice was her friend, and that boy was her spitting image. Did her friend suffered the same fate as the rest of the Coven. "She's not dead." Lexus Confirmed. 

"It's so much worse," Draco said before she could sigh in relief. His voice carried and air of finality leaving no more room for questions. 

Neville looked around as Geneviene left but sighed, "Can you hear me?" He asked making sure not to grab her like he would with Geneviene so that she didn't fall further into panic. She nodded clearly edging one but still present. "Breath in for 4 seconds." she did as told, "Hold for seven and breath out for eight." 

Geneviene raced through the store grabbing a book off the shelve marked, 'Magical family trees: and updating guide.' Hermione had been left out of all of Harry Potter's stories of triumph. Dumbledore purposely never told anyone that didn't already know that there was a potter girl. But even he couldn't check every book in London for mentions of her.