The Helicarrier

Previously

"Sleep time now", Steve said and Tony chuckled, "Yes sir", he said and let Steve take him to bed for another peaceful night.

Now

The next day Steve left with Coulson as Tony said he will be there later after he finishes a meeting.

Steve reached the helicarrier and met with Natasha Romanoff, one of the assassins who was also known as the Black Widow.

He also met Bruce Banner, the scientist who tried to replicate his serum which went sideways making him the Hulk.

They talked and learned that they were in a flying ship? of the S.H.I.E.L.D's and went inside and Bruce went to searching the tesseract immediately.

They got to know that a god named Loki was on loose with the tesseract and few of the S.H.I.E.L.D's agents including Clint Barton.

They located Loki and Nat and Steve left and they had a fight when loud music blared from the speaker of the quinjet.

Steve smiled knowing very well who it was and Tony came and blasted Loki, "Make your move Reindeer Games", he said and Steve chuckled and they took Loki with them.

Tony and Steve were whispering to each other as Nat talked with Fury, "I don't like it", Steve said, "Why?", Tony asked looking at Steve fondly.

"It never is this easy, something's wrong", Steve said, "Don't worry baby, if anything happens, I will save you", Tony said and Steve rolled his eyes.

"My hero", Steve said sarcastically and Tony gasped, "You just rolled your eyes at me and made fun of me", he said.

Before Steve could respond they heard lightning and thunder and Loki looked up knowing why it was happening.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightening?", Steve asked Loki, "I am not overly fond of what follows", Loki said.

Thor, Tony thought and before he could say anything Thor came and took Loki with Tony following him behind.

Steve sighed at how little Tony thought about a plan, but knew about him all along and followed shortly with a parachute.

Tony flew down and started fighting with Thor when Steve came and stopped them looking at Tony disappointed.

"Are we done here?", he asked looking around at the massive destruction and went to take Loki with him, with Thor and Tony following him behind.

They all got together and discussed about what Loki might and want to do and learned he had an army.

Bruce started talking about the portal and asked why he needed iridium and that's when Tony came.

"Stabilizing agent", he said and all looked at him and he started explaining about the whole thing.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?", Maria Hill asked narrowing her eyes.

"Last night", Tony said and started talking about the physics and Bruce joined in, "Finally. Someone who speaks English", he said.

Steve smiled and shook his head, "And I'm a huge fan of the way you- lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster", Tony said.

"Tony!", Steve said and Bruce hesitantly said a thanks, "I am sorry Dr.Banner, he's always like this", Steve said and Bruce said it was ok.

"Hey!", Tony said at Steve's comment and Fury came and explained on what and why they are there.

Tony and Bruce were going to leave to the lab but Tony stopped, "Attention everyone, I saw some ladies eyeing this handsome man over here", he said gesturing to Steve who blushed and covered his face.

"Just for your information, he is taken... by me, so don't come near him unless you want to be blasted to the stars", Tony said and left after kissing Steve's cheek, controlling his smile.

The new formed team smiled at this except Steve who got up shaking his head and left and Tony walked into the lab with Bruce and started working immediately.

He invited Bruce to the Stark Tower, "Top ten floors all R and D. You'd love it, it's a candy land", Tony said.

Bruce explained how he can't be near civilizations due to his incident, "Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises", Tony said and zapped Banner.

"Ow!", Bruce said, "Hey!", Steve said at the same time entering the lab, "Nothing?", Tony asked Bruce and Steve sighed.

"Tony, are you nuts?", he asked and Tony looked at him with his eyebrow raised, "Forget it, this isn't funny", he said.

"I know", Tony said, "What is it Tony? You have been acting weird since you arrived here", Steve said and Tony sighed.

"Why did Fury call us in? Why now, why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables", Tony said.

"You think Fury's hiding something?", Steve asked, "He's a spy. Cap, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets", Tony said and gestured to Bruce.

"It's bugging him to, isn't it?", he said and Bruce hesitated first but later told his worries too, "A warm light for all man kind, "Loki's jab at Fury about the Cube", Bruce said.

"I heard it", Steve said, "Well, I think that was meant for you", Bruce said and gestured to Tony and Tony offered him blueberries.

"Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news", Bruce told and Steve nodded telling Bruce to go one.

Tony walked towards Steve and leaned on his shoulder eating the blueberries and Steve wrapped his arms around the brunette.

"It's powered by an arc reactor, self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for, what, a year?", Bruce asked.

"It's just the prototype", he said and looked up at Steve, "I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now, that's what he's getting at", he explained feeding Steve some, knowing he won't eat on his own and Steve nodded.

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? What are they even doing in the energy business in the first place?", Bruce asked.

Steve now started having doubts himself, "I should probably look into that as soon as my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files", Tony said breaking Steve out of his thoughts and Steve looked at his boyfriend incredulously.

"I'm sorry did you say-", he was cut off by Tony, "JARVIS has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide", he said and Steve sighed.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not awesome", Tony said and Steve looked at Bruce.

"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?", Bruce asked and made his mind, "Just find the cube", he said, kissed Tony's head and left.

Tony knew the meaning behind those words, "He meant that to find the reason without getting caught and being too obvious", Tony said and Bruce smiled and nodded.