Un Amour á Paris

The room for the Q&A was packed with a few hundred people watching and listening to them like their life depended on it. It was a little unnerving but also exhilarating to finally see so many people that were there to see them. They were important enough for so many people to spend a weekend with them so close to Christmas in Paris.

"Next question," the moderator said with a slight British accent.

A young woman walked up to one of the three mics in an aisle of the seating. "Uh hi. My name is Nancy. My question is for Charlie."

Charlie smiled. "Hi Nancy. What is your question?"

Nancy took a few breaths. "Why do you and Owen pretend you don't have a thing for each other?" Charlie's brows furrowed and a small frown fell on his face. Meanwhile there was a flurry of whispering between some of the other fans.

"Um...okay I want to be clear. Owen and I do not have an attraction to each other. We thought it was funny at first with the shipping but we are best friends. That is it." Charlie looked to his left to make eye contact with Madison. They had a silent conversation with their eyes in a split second. Charlie focused back to the crowd. "And my girlfriend has gotten tired of the comments, too. Yesterday a fan happened to see Owen and I at the jeweler and spread something that is not true. I was there to get a ring for my girlfriend," Charlie said, emphasizing the fact that he was taken at the end. All the fans were in a tizzy and the moderator had to get them to quiet down.

Owen brought his mic to his mouth as the fans' voices were hushed. "Yeah Char is my bro. I went with him to help him pick a ring. Alone, he'd end up with too many to choose from and buy them all."

Charlie laughed and wished he could reach over and punch Owen but they were forced to sit six feet apart as were the rules for social distancing. "He's not wrong. Babe's now got so many toques."

The fan, Nancy, had gone back to her seat and another fan was at a mic to speak. "Charlie, you don't need a beard. We accept you. It's okay to be open."

The fans were in an uproar again and louder than before. Charlie was a little overwhelmed by it all. "Okay, moving on. Who has questions not about relationships," Madison said with an overly nice voice cutting through all the noise from the fans.

Charlie sighed and mouthed a 'thank you' to her. The rest of the Q&A continued.

Madison sighed as she put the jus over her food at dinner that night. "I just can't stand people like that. And then the comments from some fans after the Q&A gloating and trying to figure out who your mystery girlfriend must be," she grumbled.

Charlie grabbed her free hand. "Don't pay attention to them. They are only looking for the newest gossip to spread. We know the truth. Although it would have been nice for them not to spoil what I was getting you for Christmas," he replied.

Madison's lips quirked. "Well just make sure you aren't trying to lock me down with a ring. My dad isn't ready to walk me down the aisle just yet."

Charlie's face warmed and his heart skipped a few beats. "Not proposing...I...it's just a promise ring...I...," Charlie stuttered out as fear overtook him.

Madison smiled at him. "You are so cute when you get like that."

Charlie narrowed his eyes at her. "You are pure evil." He kissed her wrist.

"I love you," Madison said softly.

Charlie's eyes shined a pale blue with just a splash of green in them. "Me, too." He bit down on his lip. Madison fluttered her eyes and brushed her hair behind her ear with a small smile.

"Excusez-moi. Voulez-vous un peu plus de vin," a waiter asked, coming to them.

Charlie looked up from rubbing his thumb over the top of Madison's hand. "Oui, s'il vous plaît." The waiter topped off their glasses. "Merci."

The waiter nodded. "De rien, monsieur."

Once the waiter left, Madison raised one of her brows. "No getting drunk, Mr. Gillespie."

Charlie smirked at her. "Just want to get a little buzzed. Makes later more fun."

Madison shook her head. "We still have the second day of the con to do tomorrow."

Charlie frowned. "I should have gotten a whole bottle."

Madison laughed at Charlie's response.

It has been an amazing time here in Paris and Christmas in the city of lights has been a dream. I have gotten some amazing presents this Christmas from friends, family, and all of the Fantoms at Dream It Con. I wanted to highlight this present; a ring that someone special gave me. I love it and can't wait to spend New Year's with you, mi gallo.

Madison had her curls half pulled up with Christmas tree earrings hanging from the lobes. Her eyes were warm and content made up in natural colors. The slivers of a closed lip smile could be seen behind her hand which was over her mouth. A rose gold ring sat by itself on her left fourth finger with the precious metal twisting like vines to the center where an alexandrite gem was nestled.