12. Captain America - The Plant Dad

Start from the beginning

Peter replied quickly to avoid further embarrassment, "No! I got it, eventually. It was fine."

"Then I think I should be fine, don't worry," Amara joked, smiling at Peter as his cheeks, once again, turned a shade of bright red.

Peter opened his locker and Amara saw a camera on one of the shelves.

"Is that a 35mm film camera?" Amara asked.

Peter stared at her, "Yeah. Yeah, it is. I work for the school paper. Take photos and stuff."

"Really? I didn't know you worked for the school paper," Amara said.

"Yeah, It's just a hobby."

"You should show me your work, sometime. Maybe you could take some photos of me," She laughed. "Only if you make me look good though," she warned.

"It's be impossible not to," Peter whispered.

"What was that?" Amara asked.

"Nothing."

When they finally got to the room, Peter breathed a sigh of relief. Amara had no trouble with the homework, just as she'd said. And for the next hour, they talked and talked, getting to know each other much better.

—————

Amara sat down at lunch waiting for her friends, but they were taking longer than usual, so she opened her copy of the Handmaid's Tale and started reading.

She hadn't noticed Peter standing in the corner, with his camera taking candid photos of her as she read. He took a few before she looked up and noticed.

She rolled her eyes and smiled at him. Calling him over.

"I was waiting for you for ages!"

"I'm sorry. I was taking photos, someone specifically requested, if I remember correctly."

"You're such an idiot," she laughed, playfully. "I better get those photos back!"

He joined her and they sat together, before Ned and MJ soon joined them.

—————

Amara's day had passed pretty quickly, and although it was only her second day, the school day had already begun feeling repetitive - at least with her lessons.

Amara had gotten to know Peter, MJ and Ned really well today and managed to get their numbers. She was happy to be able to say that she, at the very least, knew a little bit about her new friends.

When Amara had returned home, Pietro zoomed out of nowhere, picked up Amara on his back and continued to run around the tower while she held on tightly, shouting protests for Pietro to stop and put her down.

When he finally stopped, they were in the Avengers training room. Amara looked around, confused at why Pietro brought her there. "Maximoff? Why are we here?" Amara asked in a slightly exasperated tone.

Pietro threw his fists up and got into a fighting stance, "Let's fight! Come on! Hit me!"

Amara sighed and dropped her things down in the corner. She could beat Pietro and still make it in time to meet Steve, no problem. She also readied herself in a similar stance tilted her head and said, "Has anyone ever told you how fucking needy you are?"