10. the one that got away

REESE BROKE AWAY from dodges grip, everyone watching her for the next move. reese wiped her eyes and took a deep breath "i need to go after him" she spoke.

as soon as the words left her moth, there were protest. telling her it wasn't worth it, that she could get hurt. but as usual, she didn't listen.

"i know you guys don't support it." she said, pausing for a bit "but i can't lose my best friend." she said, her voice cracking. "not again." she finished.

silence fell over the crowd, all of them knowing what she had to do. she looked over at dodge, who was already looking at her. dodge nodded his head every so slightly.

"we all will be right behind you." dodge said, referring to the group. as they all nodded along

"can you come with me?" reese said to dodge, looking up at him still tears were streaming down her face. "i'm gonna need you."

hearing those words made dodges heart flutter, he lightly nodded his head grabbing the car keys from reeses hand.

"i'm driving" dodge said, which caused reese to quickly shoot back "you think i'm okay to drive like this idiot?" she said furrowing her eyebrows at dodge, who just rolled his eyes.

she stuck her tongue out at him, playfully, as she got the passenger seat. dodge turned around to the group all standing behind him and took a deep breath

steve spoke up first "dodge, if greyson doesn't make it..." dodge quickly cut him off  "he will, he'll make it." dodge paused "besides we gotta tell the biggest reesedodge shipper that he won." dodge said while getting into the car.

he glanced over at reese who was still a mess, tears streaming down her face along with her mascara.

before dodge started backing up he put a hand on reeses hand, causing her to look up at him. he sent her a soft smile before saying the words "he'll be okay."

reese nodded not replying to him. dodge and reese drove in silence to get to where greyson and the rest of the people playing panic were.

before the car came to a full stop reese was already out and running towards the other players, she was quickly grabbed by diggins

"what the hell are you doing here???" he asked "i thought you were driving your car!" he practically yelled at her, looking behind her he saw dodge mason.

before diggins could add on, he looked at reese, the distraught girl with tears streaming down her face.

"greyson" she mumbled out, and that was enough for diggins to understand. he grabbed reese by the shoulders and pulled her in a hug.

"i'm sorry. i can't let you go get him." he said to the girl, causing her to look up at him. "what?"

diggins didn't say anything but hold reese back as she tried to break away from his hold. dodge stood their in shock, not sure what to do.

"dodge! tell him to let me go!" reese begged tears streaming down her face, before dodge could speak the sound of cars racing filled their ears.

diggins grip on reese loosened, as they all watched in shock. before they knew it they cars clashed, dodges car blowing up and reeses car tipping over.

everything went by so fast, nobody was sure what to do or say. reese swore she could hear a pin drop, everyone was silent. everything was silent.

before it could even click in anyones head what had happened, reese was already halfway to her now totaled car.

her eyes quickly scanned everywhere for greyson, until her eyes finally landed on him. "grey!" she said as she ran to him. quickly falling to her knees.