05. whats your motive, dodge?

AFTER THE players ball, and the conversations reese and dodge had, she found herself not wanting to talk to him

           AFTER THE players ball, and the conversations reese and dodge had, she found herself not wanting to talk to him. of course she loved their conversation together, but it felt awkward now.

she'd see him walking in town, going to work, or something like that. but she wouldn't utter a single word to him.

that night she told dodge a lot of secrets, some of it about her home life. other were little fears she had. she didn't know why, but she felt comfortable with him.

though she did share her life, reese still knew nothing about the boy. he never once shared his life story, which reese found odd. real odd.

what was his motive?
               ———————-🤍————————

"i'm surprised nothing has happened to you." greyson said, reese was in the dinner with greyson keeping him company as he worked. reese usually did this, but stopped because of dodge and him having the same hours. lucky dodge wasn't working today.

reese had this same conversation with greyson since she started panic, all about how something could happen to her, then she'd be dead.

"i know, i know" reese said, taking a sip of the coke she had beside her "just give it time" reese said sarcastically as she looked up at grey, who did not sense the sarcasm in her voice.

"res, i'm serious." greyson said leaning on the counter as he talked to her, reese rolled her eyes. she has heard this same thing. so many times. she was over it.

she simply nodded and reassured him that nothing would happen to her.

but the minute those words left her mouth the same worry fell over the girl again, something's coming.

                  ———————-🤍————————

reese was walking home when she passed by no other than, dodge mason. she kept walking by as fast as she possibly could. hoping to be unnoticed by the boy.

which obviously didn't work, because she caught dodges eye. but before dodge could even speak to her, she was walking away as fast as she possibly could. this left a very annoyed dodge.

reese was officially avoiding him, she didn't want any attachment to him. and, she had no idea why.

she wasn't scared of being friends with him, she didn't feel like it was wrong. all she knew was that when she looked at him her heart rate went up, and she felt like a little girl again.

but when she didn't look at him, she didn't feel like that. that's why she tried her hardest not to look at him.

dodge was just as confused as she was, whenever dodge saw reese he would try to talk to her, but before he could even say anything to the girl..she walked away. causing dodge to roll his eyes in annoyance. everytime.