The next pair to face off was none other than Hermione and Ron, one that many were excited to see especially since they were both close friends. Their friends already stood on either side of the room, each line supporting a different side. Aine chuckles as she and Harry stood on opposite sides, Ginny giggling to her as she gave her brother a smirk when he passed Hermione, "Don't worry. I'll go easy on you," he promised.

Hermione smiles politely, not knowing whether to feel honoured or insulted by his remark. Even so, she didn't actually need him to hold back, it'll only make her want to go easy on him in return. "Thanks, Ronald," she replies.

"Come on, Ron!" 

"Come on, Ronald~!"

"You can do it, carrot-head!"

"You got this! Come on, Ron!" his friends cheered, some full of sarcasm and some genuine.

Aine nodded her head to Ron as she wishes him 'Good Luck' before smiling at Hermione whose face went stone cold. She didn't know who to cheer for since they were both people that she had wanted to win and she didn't like picking sides too. However, knowing that she has battled against Hermione before last year in a practice duel, she knew that her friend was far more than capable of defending herself. 

Hermione wasn't called the brightest witch of her time besides her vast brain knowledge, it was also how confident she was in terms of casting spells as well. This was why there was a part of Aine who just wanted to place her hopes in Ron. He was always being underestimated and labelled as 'stupid' or even 'amateur' by some. Deep down Aine just knew that he was more than competent at casting spells, all he ever needed was some boost of confidence and to set his mind properly on a goal.

"One Sickle," Fred mutters to his twin, betting on his little brother without a second thought. 

"You're on," smirks George, looking over to Aine who rolls her eyes at them both. He innocently batted his eyelashes at her.

Neville gave Ron a timid fist bump, silently cheering for him in the mass of students, one that Ron had returned with a smug nod.

The two took their stance, their smiles falling from their faces as everyone held their breaths waiting for the results. It could either end quickly or last long enough for their expectations to be blown away. When they were both ready, Ron took the liberty to start, "Stupe—"

"Stupefy!" Hermione said calmly, flicking her wand to her friend. Ron barely could finish his word before it was caught by Hermione. He was quickly sent flying backwards, his lips dropping into a scared frown before he stumbled to the ground. 

There was a wave of laughter and Aine winces at Ron, well... There's always next time, she reassures him in her mind. Perhaps one day, who knows?

"Thank you~" George sings, taking the golden coin into his hands as his twin reluctantly handed it over.

"Shut up," Fred groans.

Ron walked over to his older brothers and plays it cool, "I let her do that. It's good manners, isn't it?" he asked, looking for affirmation but his friends and brothers saw right through him. Fred pursed his lips and looked away, still disgruntled by his loss while George merely nodded his head, not buying his words. "It was completely intentional," Ron added, backing his words with a confident smile. Dean shook his head and Seamus patted his back to offer some form of comfort, no words were needed.

~~~

The subsequent session that Aine had with the Slytherins was soon joined by Ginny, Luna, Harry, Hermione and Ron (much to his disdain). There was some unspoken tension between the two parties but they had concluded that they were only doing it for 'business'.