Chapter 11: A Perfect day... Until

Start from the beginning

"That's enough," she laughs as she placed her hands on my chest. 

My hands slid down and rested on her waist. "You're so beautiful," I said out of breath, my heart pounding so fast as I stare at her face. "I promise I will always do whatever I can to bring that smile to your face."

She entwined her arms around my nape and tiptoed to reach for my lips. My lips immediately responded and gave her soft, audible kisses, the smooch sound entering my ears. Feeling the growing jitters in the pit of my stomach, I captured her lips fully. I heard her quiet moan in contentment as I sunk deeper in her mouth, my hand pulling her closer as if it is still possible.

I drew back slowly and gently leaned my forehead on hers. She pulled back and sniffed continuously as her eyebrows mush. "Something's burning."

"Oh, shit!" I took one long stride towards the stove and quickly turn it off. I look at Sandy and both of us laugh at what just happened.

"Kimchi and rice?" She asked as she went to the fridge to get the bottle of kimchi they bought when they went grocery shopping last week.

"I'll get the sesame oil."

--------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?" She asked for many times now as we are on a bus going somewhere. I planned to surprise her with something and I asked for help from the people close to her.

"You'll see," I answered the same thing every time she asks and grinned. She crinkled her nose and linked her arms with me, resting her head on my shoulder. Both of us watch as the sun starts to set in the horizon when we passed by the sea.

We arrived at our destination and she placed her hands on her waist, giving me a suspicious stare. "Why are we here? What are you planning to do huh?"

"It's a surprise," I whispered as I leaned closer and laced my fingers with hers and pulled her inside the orphanage. 

As planned, one kid from the orphanage approached us as we opened the gate of the place. She smiled at Sandy and ask her to bend down to level his height. The kid wrapped a cloth around her eyes, covering them.

"What's happening?" She giggled when the kid finished tying the cloth behind her head.

I squeezed her hand that I am holding, kissing it after. "Follow my lead."

We walked closer at the orphanage and I waved my hand when I saw the nuns and old gramps. They waved back and their faces show how excited they are to what I prepared for Sandy. I led her all the way to the back of the orphanage where the surprise is. I looked up at the sky and it's giving orange and purple color indicating that the sun has set but it's light is still a little visible. I looked at the surprise and nodded in contentment. I glanced at where the kids are hiding and gave them a thumbs up for setting all these up.

"What's going on? You're making me nervous, In-yeop," she reached her hand out trying to feel something. I reached for that hand and laced them with mine. Now I am holding both of her hands and she is facing me.

"You can take your blindfold off now," I said. She squinted her eyes to adjust her eyes from removing the blindfold. When she has adjusted, I held her shoulders and spun her around so she faces the surprise.

"Dinner date with me?" I whispered as she looks at the set up in awe. 

A wide cloth is placed under the huge tree where they always hang out before when they were still teenagers. There are candles around the cloth and a basket full of snacks and fruits. The kids did a great job swirling fairy lights and hanged bulbs on the trunk of the tree as the finishing touch. It was perfect!